Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Soop's kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets...

(1001 Posts)
Tizliz Wed 21-Jun-17 13:37:19

being very brave here and starting the new kitchen, not too hot here so I can manage the move OK

kittylester Tue 25-Jul-17 10:07:51

And now this!!shock

kittylester Tue 25-Jul-17 10:25:27

And Persie has an enormous scratch on her forehead from Maisie.

I doubt we'll be allowed them again.

Lona Tue 25-Jul-17 10:25:52

kitty! ?
gaga Get some iron on repair strip for the wrong side!

HATTIE looks very elegant Maw
callgirl I love your kitchen, very smart. ☺

Charleygirl Tue 25-Jul-17 10:36:18

Maw it is a long night in the kitchen all on her own especially if she has never been in a house before. Is there no room in your bed?!!!

NanaandGrampy Tue 25-Jul-17 12:59:17

Afternoon all !!

Congratulations on your DGS's achievement Maw , you are absolutely right to be busting with pride !!

Crafting yes we have come to terms with the whole house sale debacle. A bit of breathing space first I think . After reading another thread where the GPs moved to be near the children and now the children are moving I think we remain set on downsizing. I think distance is not an issue if you want to make it work and we're only talking about an hour not 6 :-) so hopefully we'll find a way.

Lovely photo soop what a glorious time you had x

Mmmmmmm ginger shortbread sounds right up my streetanno - yes please !!

Oooooh Callgirl how lovely is your kitchen !!

Hello Hattie !! You're in luck , you picked a lovely family !

Congratulations on a job well done Maw and Paw !!

You'll be alright Kitty . Bertie just cried through shock after all I'm sure Nana Kitty doesn't shot very often at all !! I know if Grampy even slightly raises his voice all 4 grandchildren dissolve into tears .

All my family are on their hols ! My eldest daughter is camping in the new forest with the big 2 and my youngest daughter is on a 2 day trip to Lego Land then down to Bournemouth to stay with my brother for 5 days.

So its very quiet here chez Nana and Grampy .

Happy day all !

Tizliz Tue 25-Jul-17 13:00:20

Gaga get a brightly coloured iron on patch snoopy like this Snoopy one.

Busy at the moment and don't have time to read everything. Organising a day out at the rifle club for the Diabetes Society and working on the local Highland Games in 2 months.

downsized Tue 25-Jul-17 13:04:10

Happy Anniversary, Maw, and congratulations on the new family member. Hattie looks lovely and Buzz sends his love and hopes she settles in as quickly as he has grin

Extremely hot here in Malta but I am loving it. I was talking to DGD on FaceTime , telling her I had been shopping in a nice cool Lidl then out into the heat. 'Yes, Nana, it's like going from the freezer to the grill' said she grin

She is currently spending three months in the US with her daddy where the weather is very similar to ours, so she knows what I mean!

Nice kitchen, callgirl. Mine is new too but not as tidy as yours so I won't be putting a photo!

I'm sure you will be allowed to have the GC again, kitty. These things are part and parcel of growing up. smile

Greyduster Tue 25-Jul-17 13:22:50

Lona have you ever had a problem with iron on repair strip leaving a dark mark on the front side of the material? I bought some to repair a pair of DH's light coloured walking trousers and it left a mark as if the adhesive had leached through.
Blimey, Kitty, I would have a heart attack if GS was up on a roof (even in the very capable hands of his Grandad), but how do they explore their capabilities if they are not allowed to push themselves (and occasionally hurt themselves) a bit, eh? And he will always know what it takes to mend a hole in a roof! Go, Bertie! But, a dozen times a day I will have some disaster scenario involving my grandson floating around in my head, so I know how you feel. They are going on holiday next week and he was telling me some of the activities that he and his dad are going to do. I wish he hadn't. Some of them sound rather 'intrepid'!

Gagagran Tue 25-Jul-17 14:04:41

Well I am quite proud of myself! I looked on Youtube and it showed how to mend a tear by hand. You sort of do a running stitch round it then gently pull together and the two edges meet so you don't see the stitches. At least they did on Youtube. Not quite as hidden on Gagatube but DH is well pleased and says he'll wear them round the house and garden.

Thanks for all the suggestions but where do you buy that iron stuff?

Just watched Prince William and Prince Harry's tribute to their Mum and I found it very moving. She would be so proud of her boys.

Gagagran Tue 25-Jul-17 14:06:09

"them" being his shorts. "iron stuff" should be iron-on stuff. Oh for an edit button!

Tizliz Tue 25-Jul-17 14:08:56

Good old Amazon for all sorts of things Gagagran. Just been looking at a pantograph, until we realised it was Amazon India.

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 14:38:43

hmm Clears throat. Blinks hard. How can you lot have done so much since I last logged off.

This is a quickie. Been at the care home and now need to spring clean the puter room because a lady will be visiting tomorrow to assist MacS with getting the village website finalised. She ^may be house proud. wink

Before I get cracking on the clear out/up I would like to say - Wow! to callgirl1's stunning new kitchen. Also, welcome to Hattie who will, like all the other pets, become a great favourite. She is elegant...

Happy anniversary Maw and Paw. We hope that you will be reunited before too long.

Kitty Great photos. Keep them locked away in the safe.

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 14:39:40

Back a little later. grin

Bellanonna Tue 25-Jul-17 15:54:18

What's puzzling me Kitty is who was the 3rd person on the roof taking the photo??
Maw I hope Hattie can give paw to Paw before too long. Meanwhile hope you can share some pleasant memories together today. How tall is your DH? He looks very tall on his wedding day. Perhaps like my DH he will have shrunk a bit over the years ( he's gone from 6'4" to 6'1" so still quite tall).
Have lots of joy with Hattie. She's a lucky girl.

Hipsy Tue 25-Jul-17 16:05:08

Just finished my ginger shortbread. Delicious!
Maw Hattie is a sleeker looking version of my Millie who is a black greyhound cross (with what we don't know!) Is Paw looking forward to meeting her?
Grandsons?? One of mine has just had the cast removed from his broken arm (trampolining) We'll see what the next six weeks bring!
soop I,m not averse to a few animal hairs. Don't go to any trouble smile

Crafting Tue 25-Jul-17 16:05:46

Congratulations Maw and Paw . What a lovely wedding photo and such nice things you said maw I expect paw would be blushing grin

Ahem, quiet message for Hattie's ears only - I sometimes have a problem with needing a wee at night too blush sssh don't tell anyone.

Poor you kitty ? We can't wrap them up in cotton wool for ever, even if we wanted to. Hope all bumps mended now.

Gagagran Tue 25-Jul-17 16:16:11

Just had the call we've been expecting and dreading. My lovely brother-in-law died this afternoon at 3.15pm. My sister is shaken but resolute and will need support, which we will freely give of course. We have to wait for details of the funeral so we can book flights now.

devongirl Tue 25-Jul-17 16:23:05

So very sorry to hear this Gagagran flowers

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:26:23

Gaga Your lovely brother-in-law is now at peace. Your sister will be needing and receiving plenty of support. The news will have come as an awful shock, even though it was anticipated. A gentle hug for you at this sad time.

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:30:22

kitty, Bellanonna has a point. I trust that you were not taking that photo. Perhaps you were hanging out of a dormer window. If so, who was holding tight to your ankles. shock

Crafting I need an average of four wees during the night. I have no idea how I'd feel to a pee-less night.

Galen Tue 25-Jul-17 16:30:36

Gaga my deepest sympathy

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:35:32

Hipsy That's a relief. I'm relieved to hear that you are not a fussy visitor. Mind you, this computer room has had a thorough spit and polish. I've no idea whether or not the lady who'll be visiting tomorrow is house proud, or not. I've done my best to make it presentable.

downsized Bella has a way with words. grin

N&G I'm glad that you will be staying in your present home. I had a feeling all along that the time to sell and relocate wasn't quite right.

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:37:47

The time is nigh for us lot to move into our new kitchen. It's not quite as smart as callg's but it is free from pet hair for a day or so.

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:38:55

Before I open the kitchen door...I just wish to say a very big thankyou to you all...pets included.

soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:39:28

Tra la, here we go.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion