Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Tuesday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Tue 11-Jul-17 06:10:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but its also grey this morning above Brackley, supposed to be wet later.
Mick

kittylester Tue 11-Jul-17 06:43:17

Morning Mick, great to have you back. Morning all.

It's a bit grey in North Leicestershire and we also have rain forecast.

I have ironing to do this morning then I'm helping on an Alzheimer's Course this afternoon.

Enjoy your days everyone.

MawBroon Tue 11-Jul-17 06:44:36

Welcome back Mick! I hope you enjoyed your holiday?
A grey day here too, but how I long for the rain!
Feeling bleak and rather apathetic, my "get up and go" has temporarily "got up,and gone".

Nana3 Tue 11-Jul-17 07:25:10

Good morning. It's a bit damp this morning in Lancashire, some brightness forecasted.
Read your post yesterday mick, glad you had a good time.
WI for me this afternoon, lovely.

Pittcity Tue 11-Jul-17 07:47:16

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Got a bit of rain late yesterday and due again today. It's so much cooler and fresher!
DM is visiting for a couple of days, so usual activities are on hold for family to pop in.

Nelliemoser Tue 11-Jul-17 07:59:48

Alleluia! it is properly raining in Cheshire. Enough to be useful to my hard pressed plants. Nice steady rain that will not damage the flowers.

Nelliemoser Tue 11-Jul-17 08:00:40

Oops! Good morning all as well. I was so excited by the rain.

DanniRae Tue 11-Jul-17 08:08:20

Goof Morning All! Much cooler here with dull, grey skies. I am off on holiday tomorrow for 10 days so I say Goodbye for now and I know I will miss GransNet like mad!!

Marydoll Tue 11-Jul-17 08:16:31

Good morning all, grey but dry here. Glad to see tou back Mick. I hope you had a good time.

Exhuasted this morning after yesterday's trip to the coast. Maw, my 20 month old grandaughter was fascinated watching the ferry going back and forward to M illport. She was still talking about the boat, cars and vans in her cot last night. You have put me in the notion for a trip to Rothesay. I haven't been since I was a wee girl. Maw look after yourself.
Off to get bloods done and then home to potter in garden.
Enjoy your day all.

ninathenana Tue 11-Jul-17 08:19:18

Morning all.
Dull with rain expected in Kent. We were out yesterday and missed a heavy shower (in the pub) 10 minuites down the road and S didn't see a drop of rain.
Welcome home Mick hope you had a good time
Goodbye DanniRae (that sounds like a song smile) have fun

Gagagran Tue 11-Jul-17 08:31:37

Morning everyone from a much cooler, grey south coast. We are forecast some much-needed rain later so hope the forecasters have got it right.

Wecome back from Harrogate Mick - hope you had a good break. It's always nice to get back home though I think!

Happy days to all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Tue 11-Jul-17 08:42:40

Morning All

Very wet and drippy in the Lakes. Just got back from filling the car up and the temperature read 11C! Not sorry about our decision to go home today, it would have been harder if the sun was shining. Best Beloved is slightly better today but I think that may be because we're heading home.

Greyduster Tue 11-Jul-17 08:53:09

Good morning, Michael and welcome back. Glad you enjoyed your break!
It is raining in South Yorkshire this morning after a sticky night. I was awake at stupid o'clock and struggled to get off again. We have tile samples to take back today and are no nearer to finding THE ONES! Fed up with it. Have a good day folks.

harrigran Tue 11-Jul-17 08:53:22

Good morning, it is grey here and just 12 degrees but forecast says we should get 14 by this afternoon. We do get spoilt here in the north grin

Mapleleaf Tue 11-Jul-17 09:37:53

Good morning, all.
Hope you had a nice time in Harrogate, Mick.
Grey and still drizzly this morning. Feels quite a bit cooler today.
Enjoy the day, whatever the weather.

Smithy Tue 11-Jul-17 09:43:31

Good morning all. Harrigran you must lived in my neck of the woods. 14! that's positively tropical.

12Michael Tue 11-Jul-17 10:08:16

Harrogate at Nidd Hall 1st time at a warner's, but enjoyed it.
Met someone female wise from Durham , spoke to her allot , she was telling me she goes to Warner's frequently, never got around to names though.
Mentioned about Gransnet in conversation, be nice to find her and keep in touch, wished I plucked up the courage to exchange details but it was a casual meeting.
Mick

annsixty Tue 11-Jul-17 10:50:15

What a wasted opportunity Mick. Approach Warners and she may have done the same. Otherwise book up several weekends at different venues and you may meet up again.?

whitewave Tue 11-Jul-17 11:32:02

Morning Romeo and all

Honestly Mick you are going to have to be quicker off the mark next time!!! I bet she is thinking the same.

Sun has gone here all but a glimmer every so often. Promised rain hasn't materialised yet, need it for the garden please.

Wimbledon as usual. Federer walked it yesterday. But the match was to have seen was the Nadal match. Apparently it was outstanding and I missed itsad.

Peppered beef fillet with courgette and French beans for supper. Just picked some raspberries so will have them with yogurt to follow.

Nanny27 Tue 11-Jul-17 11:39:06

Hello everyone, can I come in?

harrigran Tue 11-Jul-17 11:40:23

Smithy, I am a mackem grin

whitewave Tue 11-Jul-17 12:34:30

Hello * nanny* welcome.

How is your day shaping up?

Nanny27 Tue 11-Jul-17 12:58:25

Thank you Whitewave. At home with young grandson today. Could do with some grown up chat.

whitewave Tue 11-Jul-17 15:52:35

Choose any thread maybe the chat and pets thread to start as I wouldn't recommend the political threads unless you don't mind being shredded!! Unless like me you are fascinated by politics in which case 'ready, steady fire!!" grin

whitewave Tue 11-Jul-17 15:56:15

It's the kitchen and pets thread. I think people really enjoy it. I'm no good at it though as I can never think of anything that anyone would be interested in. Just jump in and see how you like it.

I can remember originally being a bit daunted as everyone seems to know everyone else, but you'll soon get the swing of it.