Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Soop's pleasant (if boring) kitchen for friendly folk and precious pets.

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 25-Jul-17 16:40:30

Here we go again...

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:47:55

See you soon. grin

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:47:34

Best if I close this kitchen door and rush over to open the new. I'm still wondering whether I really want to use that bike. It's called procrastinating.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:45:54

Okay, I'll make it 10 mins on the bike. Don't want to overdo things wink

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:44:11

Away to pedal the exercise bike for 15/20 minutes. When I return I shall be ready to open our spotless new kitchen. After that, we'll all relax and eat cupcake and carry on much as always do.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 16:04:14

Charleyg This wasn't taken recently. Possibly early summer. It's very grey again today. He's curled up in his cat cave.

devongirl I've been to Torrington on one occasion.
Rory lived in a feral cat commune for a good many years. One day, he wandered into our garden. Slowly but surely we came to an understanding. My husband, MacSporran said..."he's not coming in"...some time thereafter, he did just that. He's been a source of delight/concern in equal measure. MacSporran and Rory are best buddies. Funny how an animal can win over the most reluctant of humans. He's one of the family. What's more, he knows it. grin

devongirl Tue 22-Aug-17 15:54:59

Hi soop LOVE your cat!! I'm no longer in Devon, but come from North Devon (Torrington) smile

Charleygirl Tue 22-Aug-17 15:50:34

Rory looks relaxed and happy there enjoying the sunshine.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 15:43:01

A photo of his royal highness.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 15:40:13

Charleyg You'll both be made very welcome. grin

I shall look in from time to time in order not to leave 'you lot' wandering aimlessly. We'll have to move into a new kitchen very soon.

Charleygirl Tue 22-Aug-17 15:24:45

soop Tara was 4.6kg the last time we ventured out together to see the vet. In the car Tara had been airing her lungs. We will be returning towards the end of next month for the annual injections etc.- she will love that.

As I said before, I hope that I receive the same treatment, hand feeding, when I move in and two others are coming also so you will be busy soop and MacSporran accommodating us.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 13:20:25

Nana&G Whenever MacSporran offers Rory a few dry biscuits he says in a very gentle but persuasive voice..."these are very special. They cost us dear." Rory, being a cat, yawns and stares off into the distance. If Rory could talk he's say something along the lines of, "Woteva!"

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 13:14:12

Maw Poor Paw. He must be feeling wretched. It's so unfair that he has yet another buggeration to deal with.
I like Hattie's "baby". Isn't she settling in well. Having her is a blessing.

Galen If I were you I'd settle for a totally leisurely cruise. An abundance of all the good things in life. You can't go bouncing around in a gym wearing those pearls. Most unladylike!

aggie I never get bored with my daily helping of porridge with blueberries scattered on top.

annsixty Have a lovely time enjoying the company of friends. I wish that you could have more frequent trips.

NanaandGrampy Tue 22-Aug-17 13:02:37

Tizliz we have ended up with Symply Dry dog food. He has 50gms of that 10 of his old mixer and 100g of his old wet food.

The aim is to reduce the wet food eventually and also the mixer.

The dry food is turkey and rice with turkey as the main ingredient.

The brand is especially for delicate tummies and we're pleased with the results. Sam now weighs 12 kgs , about right for his size and is far less hyper with so much less sugar.

In fact , he was very good on the way to the vets , with little noise . His anxiety level much reduced. Of course it all went to hell in a hand basket actually in the vet, when a big dog not only had the cheek to bark at him but then nearly sat on him. His pride was dented !!

It might be a food that Anlon will tolerate .

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 12:56:41

devongirl Where abouts in Devon are you. I used to live there. Particularly fond of Kingsbridge.

soop Tue 22-Aug-17 12:54:45

Ta da! Back from visit to the care home. M was in fine form (although I can barely understand her broad Scots brogue...and she may be having the same difficulty with my Midlands accent) we seem to get along with nods and smiles. One of the carers, from the Midlands, greets me with 'How are you, ma duck' - makes me feel at home.

All the photos are marvellous. Baby Finlay is like a wee doll. The boys will have felt "all growed up" when cuddling him. I loved the list of baby gifts. A little of everything it seems. grin
Greyduster your son is very photogenic. The baby is very sweet. I would so love a cuddle.

All the pet photos also tell a tale or two. Pun!!!! grannylyn Your cats are so sleek and lithesome. You surely understand that felines do exactly as they please. Canines are much more accommodating. wink
Rory weighed 6.4kg when he first moved into his upmarket residence. Everyone says the same thing on meeting him - Wow, he's a big boy!

devongirl Tue 22-Aug-17 12:34:10

My (sadly now deased) cat particularly liked lying on the bed when I had just changed the bedding and everything had been looking very tidy smile

Charleygirl Tue 22-Aug-17 12:21:57

grannylyn you do not understand just how comfortable a decent pillow is and you forget that we cannot read so your instructions go out of the window. We also have a mild problem with hearing but I do confess we can hear sounds to come for food. If you supplied us with something half decent to rest on downstairs we would consider it.

Tizliz Tue 22-Aug-17 10:54:33

NanaandGrampy what are you feeding Sam? Anlon really does not like rice and is getting a bit thin, so we last night gave him a little kibble. He kept it down so far

grannylyn65 Tue 22-Aug-17 10:33:21

And

grannylyn65 Tue 22-Aug-17 10:32:45

My cats are definitely not allowed to go upstairs, they have not read the rules !

Greyduster Tue 22-Aug-17 10:27:35

Blimey! If he's that handsome, he can't take after either of us! The baby is truly gorgeous, and like Finlay, a very laid back little chap.

annsixty Tue 22-Aug-17 10:01:55

He is very handsome * Greyduster* does he take after H or are you first in the looks department?
I hope you got his permission in writing before posting that.

NanaandGrampy Tue 22-Aug-17 09:58:10

What a handsome son Grey ! And of course a beautiful baby.

Bellanonna Tue 22-Aug-17 09:55:15

?

Greyduster Tue 22-Aug-17 09:51:45

I hope the other one never grows a beard, Bella!!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion