Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(29 Posts)
12Michael Fri 13-Oct-17 06:43:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and mild this morning in Brackley , usual Friday shop .
Mick

cornergran Fri 13-Oct-17 06:49:30

Morning Mick, morning All. Too dark to see much but it doesn't feel cold and I can't see any rain, so could be OK out there. Have to finish the finance admin I started yesterday, trouble is my head feels like soup already. There's some cleaning to do, probably the safer option. Hope Friday is kind to everyone.

NanKate Fri 13-Oct-17 06:55:43

Morning Mick Corner and no doubt Kitty who won't be far behind me.

Haven't opened the curtains yet. Think we are in for a mild weekend in the Thames Valley. No doubt youngsters will be back in Tshirts and shorts if we get to 20°+ ?

Have a good day folks.

kittylester Fri 13-Oct-17 06:58:34

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's quite warm, inside at least, in North Leicestershire.

We have to stay in this morning as we are having the windows in the dining room measured for new curtains. I'm so excited!

Enjoy your Fridays all. sunshine

kittylester Fri 13-Oct-17 07:00:09

Morning corner and Kate.

JaneD3 Fri 13-Oct-17 07:04:07

Morning everyone! Is it that time already?! Packing to finish - Portugal on Sunday ?

Tea and cake Fri 13-Oct-17 07:04:16

Good morning everyone!

There are some very early risers here!

Very mild, windy, very slight spitting of rain. Aren't we in the tail end of a hurricane? Looking forward to seeing 'Cilla the Musical' this weekend. Hope everybody has a good day and peaceful weekend.

Marydoll Fri 13-Oct-17 07:15:54

Morning all, cold, wet windy here! Nothing new in that.

DGD all day and waiting in for heating engineer to fixfault that was supposed to be repaired last Sunday.
Have a good day all. Jane, we are just back from Portugual, we had a lovely time. Enjoy!

NannyJan53 Fri 13-Oct-17 07:20:51

Good morning everyone.

Not looked out of window yet, so no idea of weather situation smile

Leaving house at 8.15 today shock to give SIL his birthday pressie. Then onto Hairdressers then spend afternoon with Mum. Then babysit tonight so SIL and daughter can go out for his birthday.

Have a lovely holiday Jane , and hope everyone has a great Friday.

ninathenana Fri 13-Oct-17 07:22:59

Morning everyone.
Very grey in Kent at the moment but it is only just light. We are forecast 20c + for the weekend.
NanKate I'm still wearing T-shirts and adding a thin cardi when I go out ?
JaneD enjoy your holiday.

loopyloo Fri 13-Oct-17 07:33:12

Morning everyone. Haven't opened the curtains yet. Am in East London. Should be going to a new Pilates class this morning then picking the DGC up from school.
My new 'get out and meet people' project is underway.

whitewave Fri 13-Oct-17 08:06:07

Morning all

jane I’m very fond of Portugal, enjoy yourself.

Mums today then walking then to DDs to take a football package to DGS - he is desperate to see Liverpool play so we have signed him up to the bronze scheme which gives him first choice at tickets when they come up for sale.

Cold lamb salad for supper.

Pittcity Fri 13-Oct-17 08:12:36

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Warm here too.
I am writing this on my phone which had an update overnight and everything has changed confused
Mostly laundry today.

Greyduster Fri 13-Oct-17 08:17:23

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A late one for me. I slept like a top last night. Had a nice lunch and a big catch up with BF yesterday. She has been ill for some time and it was good to see her looking better than she has for a while, and eating well too. Gas fire service this morning, and then we will have a walk if it stays dry. Have a good day, folks.

Tippy22 Fri 13-Oct-17 08:25:20

Very mild but grey here in East Sussex. Pottering day today and hoping to make the most of what is supposed to be a very warm weekend before hurricane Ophelia arrives. Enjoy your day everyone.

Nana3 Fri 13-Oct-17 08:28:27

Good morning. I'm later today as I was awake in the night then slept about 5 till 8. In bed with cup of tea now.
Mum died very peacefully yesterday, I'm a bit numb just now but thank you all GN 'good morning' friends who have always helped me have courage.
All my best wishes for Friday.

annsixty Fri 13-Oct-17 08:48:53

Good morning all.
Just popped in with sincerest condolences to Nana3 , however much we expect it, it is sad when it comes.
You were a brilliant daughter so don't mourn too much and take care of yourself.

JaneD3 Fri 13-Oct-17 08:50:08

Very sorry Nana3 but very glad that she went peacefully. Be kind to yourself flowers

Marydoll Fri 13-Oct-17 08:57:19

I'm so sorry Nana. She is at peace now. Please look after yourself.

kittylester Fri 13-Oct-17 09:03:22

nana3 - sincere condolences from me too. You must be feeling a bit adrift at the moment and I hope you have someone to help with all the things there are to do now. I still sometimes factor in visiting mum so I know how much it takes over your life. flowers

Tippy22 Fri 13-Oct-17 09:04:49

flowers Nana. So sorry to hear about your dear mother.

Nelliemoser Fri 13-Oct-17 09:08:19

Sorry to hear about your mother Nana3.
virtual (((hugs))).

harrigran Fri 13-Oct-17 09:32:17

Good morning from a bright and mild north east. Busy day today, finishing touches for golden wedding celebration tomorrow. Collecting cake this evening.
All family from abroad are now back in the UK, rare to have everyone together.
Adding my condolences Nana3, be kind to yourself flowers

Tea and cake Fri 13-Oct-17 09:37:10

Nana3 just seen your message flowers xx

NfkDumpling Fri 13-Oct-17 10:04:46

Morning All

Very grey, very windy and raining in Sandringham. Everyone's now gone out for the day so I've got an Internet connection - albeit very slow. Am beginning to regret our decision to stay an extra day to enjoy the heat wave tomorrow - I don't believe it's going to happen. Off to explore Ely shortly.