Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sun 03-Dec-17 06:27:31

Good Morning Everyone,
I am up early again its still dark , weatherwise looks as though its been frosty here in Brackley .
Off out to lunch to a carvery Toby wise in Banbury , just to see if I can get a Xmas type dinner .
Mick

fiorentina51 Sun 03-Dec-17 06:33:09

Morning Mick,
Damp here in Worcestershire but warmer than yesterday. Roast pork for us today. Husband is cooking whilst I do some ironing. I think that's fair! ?

Nana3 Sun 03-Dec-17 06:42:50

Good morning Mick and everyone. Still dark but no frost or rain in Lancashire. I woke up early but didn't get up, enjoyed reading yesterday's newspaper. Family coming for lunch, spaghetti with meatballs all covered with cheese.
Enjoy your Sunday everyone and your lunch out Mick.

ninathenana Sun 03-Dec-17 06:51:31

Morning all.

Still dark out but it's not too cold.
I'll be writing the cards this afternoon. Won't take long, I only send 20.
Have a good day.

Gagagran Sun 03-Dec-17 07:07:54

Good Morning Mick and everyone. It's much milder here on the south coast but too dark to see what it's looking like. I think there is a super moon tonight.

I must get my cards sorted out too nina and I only send about the same as you so no point putting it off- won't take that long. I bought stamps last week - nearly fainted at the cost too!

Hope Sunday is a good one for all GNs sunshine

kittylester Sun 03-Dec-17 07:22:14

Morning all!

It's quite cold still in North Leicestershire but no rain at the moment.

Just pootling and faffing for me today and roast belly pork for dinner with crispy roast potatoes, creamed cabbage and honey roasted carrots. Hungry now!! grin

Bellasnana Sun 03-Dec-17 07:51:09

Good morning from Malta. It's cold but sunny.

Pootling and faffing are about the only things I do these days. So many niggly things I ought to be tackling, but 'procrastination' is my middle name.

Hope you enjoy your lunch, Mick.

I wish a good day to one and all sunshine

NfkDumpling Sun 03-Dec-17 07:54:41

Morning All

Grey here in Norfolk this morning and a number of limp plants in the garden indicate there may have been a frost earlier. I live in hope it will brighten later as we went to our nearest RSPB reserve yesterday evening for a really good starling display and hoped to repeat it tonight. So many birds.

Greyduster Sun 03-Dec-17 08:10:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Mick I LOVE a carvery. They closed our Toby and turned it into a posh steakhouse that no one can afford to go to. Everyone misses it. Enjoy yours! A bright day in South Yorkshire. GS has been here overnight as his parents are taking part in the annual Percy Pud race this morning. I am hoping we will make gingerbread men. Have a happy day, folks.

cornergran Sun 03-Dec-17 08:14:33

Morning All. Grey and gloomy in our corner of Somerset. Not a clue what I will do, see how the day goes. May finish the cards, about another 20 local ones to do, if the clouds lift a walk would be nice. Hope Sunday is kind to everyone.

Pittcity Sun 03-Dec-17 08:25:27

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Not so cold as recent days.
Shopping and hospital visiting.

harrigran Sun 03-Dec-17 08:33:11

Good morning, milder and the snow has melted.
Will visit GC this afternoon to watch them dress their tree.
Must sort out cards as I have already had two through the post.

Marydoll Sun 03-Dec-17 08:48:52

Good morning all, cold, but not as perishing as it has been.
Been up early to get my once a week meds, no eating or bending for at least half an hour, so I have been very productive. I made leek and potato soup and the roasting chicken is stuffed and in the oven. Off now for the papers.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Mapleleaf Sun 03-Dec-17 09:04:00

Good morning, all.
Not sure what's happened to the brightness, Geryduster but it's turning decidedly grey and dull again now. I hope the brightness returns, I hate theses grey days.
Sorry to read yesterday, Marydoll about the events on your night out on Friday. Something to look back on and laugh about now, but not so funny at the time.
Enjoy your lunch, Mick.
We're getting the tree down this afternoon so DH can put the lights on it, then I will trim it up through the week. Starting to feel in the spirit of it all now - christingke at church this morning. ?
Enjoy your day, everyone.

Mapleleaf Sun 03-Dec-17 09:05:17

Should read Christingle not christingke!

Nelliemoser Sun 03-Dec-17 09:27:38

Good Morning All, raining abit in Cheshire but 9C .

When I am dressed I am going to start straining and bottling the Damson Gin. At present I have a large stash of full kilner jars at the back of the cupboard under the stairs .
Last time I did this I made damson chutney out of the gin marinated damsons. I think I might have enough chutney for now. It will be Seville Orange Marmalade time shortly after Christmas. I can't stop jamming!