Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(26 Posts)
12Michael Fri 08-Dec-17 06:24:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark , expected to see some snow flurries but nothing yet here in Brackley.
its dry outside , but later?
Mick

ninathenana Fri 08-Dec-17 06:49:32

Morning Mick and everyone.

Still dark but I can hear the wind and it's chilly here in Kent.
Food shopping and coffee out this morning.
Have a good day y'all tchwink

NfkDumpling Fri 08-Dec-17 06:59:47

Morning Mick, Nina, All

It was 12 degrees when we went for our swim yesterday morning. Quite balmy. But the temperature dropped rapidly during the day. It must be causing havoc with animals like hedgehogs trying to decide whether to hibernate. It's clear and moonlit outside here now. And decidedly chilly!

I'm off to be a 1930s maid at our local NT pile today. I do hope they've got the heating working this week, it wasn't last week and we froze. It really makes you appreciate central heating. Thermals at the ready!

kittylester Fri 08-Dec-17 07:02:52

Morning Mick, nina, all.

It's cold but dry in North Leicestershire but there is snow in the forecast. We had sleet last night.

Sainsbury's for me this morning and I'm going to attempt to do the Christmas cards. We had our first Round Robin yesterday - I feel really inadequate and a complete failure! tchgrin

cornergran Fri 08-Dec-17 07:03:06

Morning All. Rain overnight and it looks icy in our corner of Somerset. Looking after Littlest today so lots to keep us warm. That sounds fun nfk even if thermals are needed. Keep warm everyone.

kittylester Fri 08-Dec-17 07:04:46

Morning Nfk.

kittylester Fri 08-Dec-17 07:08:35

Morning cornertchgrin

Newquay Fri 08-Dec-17 07:27:40

Morning all-layer of snow here in N Staffs. DH and I are both laid low with cough/ cold/sore throat-defo flu likesad
Can't finish Christmas cards-tell the truth haven't even started-cos new DGS still hasn't appeared. DD 's appt at hosp was cancelled yesterday cos they're full. If she starts over w.e. she's to ring hospital first and they'll let her know where there's a bed free-no room at the inn then?

NannyJan53 Fri 08-Dec-17 07:31:42

Good Morning all

Thin layer of snow here at the moment (West Midlands).

Supposed to be going over to Wolverhampton for my hair appointment, but will see what the weather is like, as we are on a hill here, and can be dicey driving off the estate. So glad I retired in May and don't have to venture the 14 miles drive to work down country roads any longer.

Could be a stay in day, housework, and making soup.

Keep warm and safe everyone.

Sar53 Fri 08-Dec-17 07:37:55

Good morning all. Very cold in Essex by the sea but no snow. Been up since 06.30, think I may be coming down with a cold, first one for a very long time.
Food shopping later then a cosy afternoon indoors.

Gagagran Fri 08-Dec-17 07:40:13

Morning Mick and everyone!

Don't think we have had any frost overnight here on the south coast but it is definitely chilly and grey.

It's WI this morning and I am still getting used to being able to just turn up and go at the end without all the setting up and clearing away I had for my three years as President. Feel a bit like a spare part actually!

DH is going to get the Christmas decorations down from the loft today so I can spend the weekend transforming the house into a festive rival to Harrods. Well obviously not quite that but it will look nice - I promise! grin

Go safely all GNs who are out and about on iffy roads! sunshine

Marydoll Fri 08-Dec-17 08:03:07

Morning all, very cold here in Glasgow. I went out to the bin in my jammies and came back in very quickly.
I think my breadmaker has had it.sad I got up to find the bread was half cooked. That's the second disaster with breadmaking this week.
Off to read the GN thread about purchasing a new breadmaker.
Newquay, hope all goes well for your DD and new DGS.

ginny Fri 08-Dec-17 08:16:37

Good morning.
Nice and dry here in N Bucks but chilly of course.
Slimming World this morning. A trip into town later for some odd bits and bobs.
Meeting DD1 after and then off with her and our scrapbooking friends for our Christmas get together and dinner.

Nana3 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:19:21

Good morning. It's icy in Lancashire. I'm not sure if the DGC are coming for their usual Friday sleepover, sometimes they choose not to now, 'times they are a changing'.
Stay warm and safe everyone.

12Michael Fri 08-Dec-17 08:25:19

There has been snow flurries over Brackley but its dry and cold, see how the day goes.
Mick

Bellasnana Fri 08-Dec-17 08:26:29

Good morning everyone. It's a Public Holiday here in Malta today so it feels like another Sunday.

The weather is pleasantly sunny but it is cold indoors.

Nfk, I'm intrigued! Do you have to dress up in a frilly cap and apron? Hope the heating is on for you.

I'm plucking up courage to phone a very close and dear friend who has just lost her son very suddenly. He was 34. sad

Hope you all have a good day. Stay safe. sunshine

Nelliemoser Fri 08-Dec-17 08:29:37

Good Morning All. a slight sprinkling of snow here in Cheshire. 2deg C
Off to the hairdressers for 9am and back home for a shower. Then some shopping needed. I must buy the stamps while I am out.
It's looking very " black over Bills mothers" here right now.

Pittcity Fri 08-Dec-17 08:32:04

Good morning from a cold, bright Colchester. I have had a cold all week and it seems I'm not the only one. Only job today is to shop for the weekend.

Tippy22 Fri 08-Dec-17 08:33:14

Very chilly start here in East Sussex but it looks as though it's going to be a lovely sunny day. Time to head to the Post Office and take out a mortgage for all the stamps I need to buy. Enjoy your day everyone.

Greyduster Fri 08-Dec-17 08:33:18

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. We obviously had a flurry of snow in South Yorkshire last night because the car is covered with something that is not just frost, but there is none on the ground. It is very cold. I slept better last night, so feel a bit more human this morning. Cooking for me today and no plans to go anywhere. Have a good one, folks.

MawBroon Fri 08-Dec-17 08:37:21

Good morning all and brrrr it’s a chilly one.
Well, Nfk I am shocked at the un PC ness of your local NT house , a 1930’s maid? How many sensitivities could that upset at one go tchgrin
The NHS will be doing naughty nurses next (oops, ? ducks behind sofa)
kittyl I had been wondering if I could actually escape doing Christmas cards at all this year? But as the DDs pointed out it is a way of informing anybody we were unable to contact as well as thank those who did come to paws funeral. Damn, they are probably right. Now to try to work out the address label thingy - or perhaps not.
That gives me a —cunning plan— idea.
Have a pleasant day all, my Book Club annual (see what I did there?) lunch is today, excellent timing as they are lovely ladies and will ensure I have a good time! tchsmile

Greyduster Fri 08-Dec-17 08:42:05

Way to go, Maw; enjoy your lunch!

Mapleleaf Fri 08-Dec-17 08:48:24

Good morning, everyone.
As Greyduster says, it's very cold here, but no sign of snow on the ground yet. It probably did snow during the night, but my car is in the garage, so I don't have any evidence of it. Having said that, even a few miles distant can make a difference to the weather, can't it? It's very bright at the moment and the birds are pecking hungrily at the feeders in the garden.
My plan today is to finish off the Christmas decorations, do some ironing and then potter, I think.
Enjoy your day.

harrigran Fri 08-Dec-17 09:07:55

Good morning, -1 here and very windy which makes it feel more like -8.
Staying in the house today and catching up on chores. Cards are written and posted and tree is up, just a string of lights to place and we are all done.

loopyloo Fri 08-Dec-17 09:25:23

Good morning everyone, had a tooth out yesterday which is OK but feel really lazy today. Pilates, then lunch with a friend. Then seeing the grandchildren this pm. And I have ordered a cooking pan on the influence of tv, so you can cook 4 things on one hob. On the theory that I will cut down work. Hmmm.