Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Sunday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Sun 10-Dec-17 06:35:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its snowing here in Brackley , continues to fall.
Looks like a couple of inches so far, I will be on tomorrow, but I am away again on a coach trip for a Turkey and Tinsel in Harrogate at Warner's until sometime on Friday.
Mick

Pittcity Sun 10-Dec-17 07:30:32

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. The snow hasn't reached us yet.
Up early with 18 month GS.
Looks like you'll be having your White Christmas early Mick ?

Marydoll Sun 10-Dec-17 07:33:52

Good morning Mick, and all who follow.
Heavy frost here in Glasgow. When I woke earlier it was also very foggy, but it seems to be dispersing. Have an enjoyable trip to Harrogate and the weather doesn't affect your plans.

Marydoll Sun 10-Dec-17 07:34:58

Good morning Pittcity ☺️

kittylester Sun 10-Dec-17 07:45:14

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is sniping quite heavily here in North Leicestershire and we have to decide whether to finish off the Christmas shopping today, as was the plan, or leave it till next Friday! tchconfused

Mick Enjoy your trip to Harrogate!

Gagagran Sun 10-Dec-17 07:46:18

Good Morning Mick, Pittcity and Marydoll - and everybody!

It's wet and windy here on the south coast but no sign of the white stuff. After living in the Pennines until 2003 I endured many difficult winters with snow being a real hazard every winter as I had to travel a lot with my job. No such problem here thank goodness! Snow is rarely seen.

Hope the day is not too difficult for those travelling. sunshine

Gagagran Sun 10-Dec-17 07:46:56

Morning Kitty!

NanKate Sun 10-Dec-17 08:02:19

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

I hear Harrogate is a lovely town. Enjoy your mini holiday Mick .

It is due to snow all day in the Thames Valley - a rare scene.

So Kitty are you doing target practise with your sniper gun or is it that awful predictive text again ??

NfkDumpling Sun 10-Dec-17 08:14:26

Morning All

A dank overcast Norfolk with no sign of snow or frost. But still managing to be bloomin' cold.

Out to lunch today to celebrate a friend's birthday.

kittylester Sun 10-Dec-17 08:33:34

Beeping phone. Kate - it is snowing and it's quite heavy!!

ginny Sun 10-Dec-17 08:38:04

Good morning.
Plenty of snow here in N. Bucks and still falling. Ok, seen it , now please can it go away.
Hope people will still be coming for Dds birthday tea this afternoon. Will have to share out the ? otherwise.
Be careful and keep warm everyone.

whitewave Sun 10-Dec-17 08:40:40

Morning all

Rain and wind all night and still the same. If this is falling as snow further up country -wow!

Shall finish painting the last two cards today and then they are all done. It’s only taken me since September !!

Enjoy your early Christmas Mick, I like Harrogate.

Have a splendid day one and all. At last I am more or less up and running now. Hooray.

Fruity Moroccan Lamb and saffron rice for supper.

loopyloo Sun 10-Dec-17 08:48:05

Just opened the curtains and it's snowing heavily in East London! Wow! first snow my 7 year old DGD has seen!

This will bring the country to its knees.

Sar53 Sun 10-Dec-17 08:48:58

Good morning all. It has been pouring with rain most of the night here in Essex by the sea. Now turning to sleet, maybe some some snow to come !
I have had a very bad night and spent a lot of it on the settee in the lounge. Don't feel like going far in this weather, might be a day wrapped up warm indoors.
Hope Sunday is good for everyone, stay safe.

joannapiano Sun 10-Dec-17 08:54:55

Good morning from a very white Hertfordshire. Can't remember when we last had snow. It's really quiet. Usually we can hear a low hum from the M25.
Our rabbit will have to hop around the conservatory today, he doesn't like to get his paws wet.

Greyduster Sun 10-Dec-17 08:56:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Have a good T&T, Mick - hope you like Harrogate!
There is a light dusting of snow in South Yorkshire this morning - like icing sugar - but DH insists that this is just the entree, not the main course. I expected us to be up to our necks in it today, as the chicken little weather forecasters have been in overdrive this week. We have no plans to go far today. I hope no-one else in the family has either. Have a happy Sunday, folks.

JaneD3 Sun 10-Dec-17 08:59:46

Morning all from Leicester. Snowing hard and forecast to carry on doing so until about 10pm - should be interesting!

rascal Sun 10-Dec-17 09:04:18

Good morning all. Here in the west of Scotland it's a lovely crisp white morning. No snow just a heavy frost. The sky is a bright orange in the east with the rising sun appearing between the mountains in the clear pale blue winter sky. Have a lovely day everyone. smile

Anniepops Sun 10-Dec-17 09:07:54

Good morning all. A rather grey start here in the North East. Frosty pavements and roads but no snow. I think we will be missing out on the white stuff today. Really feel for anyone elsewhere who has to travel in it today.

harrigran Sun 10-Dec-17 09:09:57

Good morning, -3 here and the harshest frost I have seen this winter. Forecast is for snow in the north today, I am waiting to hear from DS because where they live roads can be tricky when it snows. I am too old to get stuck in a car on a country road.

silverlining48 Sun 10-Dec-17 09:10:48

Lovely description rascal. Here in the south east its been raining all might which has now turned to snow. Not thick, but definitely snow and i think of a young man from mauritus visiting friends who never having seen snow will be very excited.

Nana3 Sun 10-Dec-17 09:11:10

Good morning. The snow has almost gone but it's icy today in Lancashire.
The family are coming for lunch, I'm looking forward to doing some sewing with DGD.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sun 10-Dec-17 09:11:40

Morning All. Blowing more than a gale and pouring with rain in our corner of Somerset. Bits of fence flying, bird feeder isn’t there, not going out to look for it yet. So relieved it’s rain not snow. Be careful out there everyone.

ninathenana Sun 10-Dec-17 09:12:43

Morning all
Just a dusting of snow in Kent but the sky is full of it.
No allotment for H today, though he did think about it. tchshock

Anniebach Sun 10-Dec-17 09:20:25

Good morning all. Mountain roads cut off, more to come , vile stuff.