Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning New Years Day

(32 Posts)
12Michael Mon 01-Jan-18 06:47:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning, had good sleep last night now all calendar and wall chart changes.
Mick

Caledonai14 Mon 01-Jan-18 11:49:49

Happy New Year everyone from a very frosty part of Scotland. The puddles are solid and treacherous. Stay warm and upright.

ginny Mon 01-Jan-18 13:11:35

Belated Good Day and Happy New Year to you all.
Started late this morning after getting to bed at 3.30 this morning. Had dinner with friends and lots of chatter.
Hope to have a walk later if the rain stops.

jura2 Mon 01-Jan-18 15:06:19

Bonne Année to all, a bit grey and nondescript here - watching Paddington 1- having seen 2 with grandchildren in UK recently ... woodburner on in the kitchen next door- Minou has taken over the whole big settee - on his back- and dogs on the floor below - he certainly rules the roost.

Jalima1108 Mon 01-Jan-18 18:02:36

The sky is clear now and the moon is huge and very bright out there (a Wolf Moon and it is a Super Moon too)

I think Paddington 2 was better than Paddington 1 but I only saw Paddington 1 on a tiny screen on the plane.

NannyJan53 Mon 01-Jan-18 18:06:00

Happy New Year to you all.

Went out for a curry last night with friends, back home by 10.30pm!

Stayed up to watch Jools Holland and had a glass of fizz at midnight. Quietest NYE since we have been together (almost 6 years now)

Today, was spent taking the Decorations down, and tidying.

Back to 'normal' tomorrow, Partner is back at work, I will have day to do as I please smile

nannyof4 Mon 01-Jan-18 20:50:19

Happy 2018 everyone.
Had rain here in Kent for 2days now so getting fed up with it.
Had friends here lastnight to celebrate the new year,and as went to bed late i had a lazy day.