Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(34 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Feb-18 06:33:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet and with some wind as well, could be a mixed day weather wise here Brackley today.
Ordered new TV, expecting AM, also lights gone in bathroom have to change it.
Mick

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 21:23:29

What a fab photo Baggs

Baggs Fri 09-Feb-18 14:50:06

It's afternoon now, but here is an image of my Good Morning. I took it while sitting on the sea wall at thr end of our wee loch waiting for my bus home.

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Feb-18 13:50:45

You might be better posting in the relationships forum, sassi . I'm sure someone there might be able to offer support and advice.

kittylester Fri 09-Feb-18 12:30:43

This is not the right thread sassi - you would be best to start one of your own.

Sassi Fri 09-Feb-18 11:54:46

Hi there. Not sure if im in right place. Please advice if im not.
I shall try and put this short. My grandson us being bought up by my daughters friend. It was all done properly ie: courts & social services.
She has had him over a year (he is 3 now) he was being fostered prior.
I have concerns. He seems frightened of his carer. He sleeps 10 to 15 hours a day. She forces him to eat. And im sure he said the other day 'mommy smacked my bum'
But not 100%.
He has been calling her mommy after 2 days in her care. I have no proof of all this. But im worried as im not sure what i should do. If i go to social services i risk him being taken off her and he will get lost in the system. There is no one else who could take care of him.
Any advise is much appreciated.
Thank you.

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 11:11:33

How lovely GlamM enjoy your DGS’s 2nd ?

It is a privilege to be a GP IMO

We celebrated DGS’s 5th last week and are going for a sleepover as they call it now, to celebrate our other DGS’s 7th.

GlamM Fri 09-Feb-18 10:40:31

I'm super emotional today, its my beautiful grandsons 2nd birthday and I am so blessed to be such a huge part of his life. I am so very lucky, its very very sunny in my heart today event though its grey and damp outside.

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Feb-18 09:38:26

Morning, Annie

Anniebach Fri 09-Feb-18 09:16:50

Good morning all

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Feb-18 08:55:46

Good morning everyone,
As greyduster says, it's cold and dry here in South Yorkshire, but I do spy a bit of blue sky. Possible snow flurries later.
Hope you enjoy your evening kitty. Which concert are you going to see?
Those fish and chips sound good value, NanKate, hope you enjoy them today - I'll pinch a chip!?
To anyone else out and about today, enjoy yourselves.

cornergran Fri 09-Feb-18 08:50:21

Morning All. Bright, very windy and sunny in our corner of Somerset. Can’t decide what to do today, should do a food shop but probably won’t. Inertia has struck. Stay warm and well everyone.

Nelliemoser Fri 09-Feb-18 08:29:17

Good Morning all. 3C and raining here in Cheshire. Off for a haircut shortly.

Nana3 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:27:07

Good morning. Looking bright in Lancashire this morning.
Looking after DGS today as his half term has started.
Enjoy your WI Gagagran. Plenty of events remembering the suffragettes in this area.
Have a good day everyone.

Pittcity Fri 09-Feb-18 08:22:24

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. Bits and bobs today.

TwiceAsNice Fri 09-Feb-18 08:18:18

Morning all. It's raining and miserable looking here in Surrey. Still in bed at the moment with a cup of tea looking out of the window. I have a heavy cold coughing and sneezing so feeling sorry for myself but at least I don't have to go anywhere today so think I will hunker down in the warm. Have a good day everyone

NannyJan53 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:16:00

Good Morning all

Cold and grey here. Off to gym shortly, then this afternoon meeting Partner at New Street Station in Birmingham, then we are off for a weekend away, combined with Theatre visit. Letting the train take the strain this time smile.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Greyduster Fri 09-Feb-18 08:11:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is at least dry at the moment in South Yorkshire; might have snow showers later though and I have to go into Chesterfield this morning. Icing GS’s cake this afternoon and then DS is coming for an overnight stay. Have a good day folks.

ginny Fri 09-Feb-18 08:03:51

Good morning.
Damp with a chilly breeze here in N Bucks.
SW this morning. Quick lunch then off to buy paint, picture frames and look at curtains.

mollie Fri 09-Feb-18 08:01:14

Morning Mick and all

Same wet and miserable here. TGIF I think!

Have a good one, everybody.

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 07:56:48

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Light cloud, not quite as cold as it has been in south Bucks.

Off to meet my pal at a super Fish and Chip shop in the next village. We have the pensioners meal ? cod, chips, unwanted salad, bread and butter (which I decline) pot of tea or coffee all for about £7.50 which is very reasonable for this neck of the woods.

Hope you are pleased with your new telly Mick

Gagagran Fri 09-Feb-18 07:14:04

Morning everyone! It's been a wet and windy night here on the south coast but milder. We'll see what the day brings.

It's WI this morning and as I missed the January meeting due to the lurgy I am looking forward to seeing my chums there.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

MawBroon Fri 09-Feb-18 07:12:25

Meant to add “in this corner of N Bucks”

JaneD3 Fri 09-Feb-18 07:11:53

Morning everyone! What a filthy day - cleaning I think today!

MawBroon Fri 09-Feb-18 07:11:09

Good morning all
It’s still very dark here and I believe rain is forecast.
I am looking forward to lunch with friends and seeing progress on the front garden, but if there is a lot of rain the gardeners may have to reschedule.
Might just have another 30 mins though before I face the day!

NfkDumpling Fri 09-Feb-18 07:10:32

Morning All

Raining again here in the north of Norfolk as well, and it looks as if it has been all night. I'm beginning to wonder why the powers that be want to build housing here with the sea trying to turn us back into salt marsh and rain dissolving whats left into a bog. At least the water table is now so high there'll be no chance of a hose pipe ban this summer.

Off to see friends this morning for coffee and swop photos of our holiday together in Norway.