Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Friday

(33 Posts)
12Michael Fri 09-Feb-18 06:33:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet and with some wind as well, could be a mixed day weather wise here Brackley today.
Ordered new TV, expecting AM, also lights gone in bathroom have to change it.
Mick

travelsafar Fri 09-Feb-18 06:45:47

Morning all its cold wet and dark here too. Lets hope it brightens up later, although the forcast is for snow flurries.

appygran Fri 09-Feb-18 06:56:42

Good morning. Cold, dark and wet in here. U3a walking group today, would rather stay in bed but I am sure I will feel invigorated when I get back.

appygran Fri 09-Feb-18 06:57:40

Whoops or even just here.

kittylester Fri 09-Feb-18 06:59:03

Morning Mick, morning travels, morning all.

It's cold and wet in North Leicestershire. I have a few bits and bobs this morning and a pedicure this afternoon. We are out for a meal and concert this evening.

Enjoy your days all.

ninathenana Fri 09-Feb-18 07:07:01

Morning everyone.
Wet in Kent too and was windy during the night.
Food shop this morning.
Enjoy your night kitty

Marydoll Fri 09-Feb-18 07:07:23

Good morning all,
Damp and very dark here.
We have DGD today and are loaded with the cold. Mr MD is still feeling very sorry for himself. We are in the middle of toilet training, ( not Mr MD!) I don't remember my three asking to go to the toilet every 5 minutes! grin.
Have a good day all.

kittylester Fri 09-Feb-18 07:07:26

Morning appy, where are you? And you travels? It's good to get a feel for the weather in different places.

NfkDumpling Fri 09-Feb-18 07:10:32

Morning All

Raining again here in the north of Norfolk as well, and it looks as if it has been all night. I'm beginning to wonder why the powers that be want to build housing here with the sea trying to turn us back into salt marsh and rain dissolving whats left into a bog. At least the water table is now so high there'll be no chance of a hose pipe ban this summer.

Off to see friends this morning for coffee and swop photos of our holiday together in Norway.

MawBroon Fri 09-Feb-18 07:11:09

Good morning all
It’s still very dark here and I believe rain is forecast.
I am looking forward to lunch with friends and seeing progress on the front garden, but if there is a lot of rain the gardeners may have to reschedule.
Might just have another 30 mins though before I face the day!

JaneD3 Fri 09-Feb-18 07:11:53

Morning everyone! What a filthy day - cleaning I think today!

MawBroon Fri 09-Feb-18 07:12:25

Meant to add “in this corner of N Bucks”

Gagagran Fri 09-Feb-18 07:14:04

Morning everyone! It's been a wet and windy night here on the south coast but milder. We'll see what the day brings.

It's WI this morning and as I missed the January meeting due to the lurgy I am looking forward to seeing my chums there.

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs. sunshine

NanKate Fri 09-Feb-18 07:56:48

Morning Mick Kitty and All.

Light cloud, not quite as cold as it has been in south Bucks.

Off to meet my pal at a super Fish and Chip shop in the next village. We have the pensioners meal ? cod, chips, unwanted salad, bread and butter (which I decline) pot of tea or coffee all for about £7.50 which is very reasonable for this neck of the woods.

Hope you are pleased with your new telly Mick

mollie Fri 09-Feb-18 08:01:14

Morning Mick and all

Same wet and miserable here. TGIF I think!

Have a good one, everybody.

ginny Fri 09-Feb-18 08:03:51

Good morning.
Damp with a chilly breeze here in N Bucks.
SW this morning. Quick lunch then off to buy paint, picture frames and look at curtains.

Greyduster Fri 09-Feb-18 08:11:10

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is at least dry at the moment in South Yorkshire; might have snow showers later though and I have to go into Chesterfield this morning. Icing GS’s cake this afternoon and then DS is coming for an overnight stay. Have a good day folks.

NannyJan53 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:16:00

Good Morning all

Cold and grey here. Off to gym shortly, then this afternoon meeting Partner at New Street Station in Birmingham, then we are off for a weekend away, combined with Theatre visit. Letting the train take the strain this time smile.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

TwiceAsNice Fri 09-Feb-18 08:18:18

Morning all. It's raining and miserable looking here in Surrey. Still in bed at the moment with a cup of tea looking out of the window. I have a heavy cold coughing and sneezing so feeling sorry for myself but at least I don't have to go anywhere today so think I will hunker down in the warm. Have a good day everyone

Pittcity Fri 09-Feb-18 08:22:24

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. Bits and bobs today.

Nana3 Fri 09-Feb-18 08:27:07

Good morning. Looking bright in Lancashire this morning.
Looking after DGS today as his half term has started.
Enjoy your WI Gagagran. Plenty of events remembering the suffragettes in this area.
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Fri 09-Feb-18 08:29:17

Good Morning all. 3C and raining here in Cheshire. Off for a haircut shortly.

cornergran Fri 09-Feb-18 08:50:21

Morning All. Bright, very windy and sunny in our corner of Somerset. Can’t decide what to do today, should do a food shop but probably won’t. Inertia has struck. Stay warm and well everyone.

Mapleleaf Fri 09-Feb-18 08:55:46

Good morning everyone,
As greyduster says, it's cold and dry here in South Yorkshire, but I do spy a bit of blue sky. Possible snow flurries later.
Hope you enjoy your evening kitty. Which concert are you going to see?
Those fish and chips sound good value, NanKate, hope you enjoy them today - I'll pinch a chip!?
To anyone else out and about today, enjoy yourselves.

Anniebach Fri 09-Feb-18 09:16:50

Good morning all