Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Saturday

(30 Posts)
12Michael Sat 10-Mar-18 06:35:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but its a wet start here in Brackley this morning, off out later as usual.
Mick

kittylester Sat 10-Mar-18 06:51:30

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is pouring in North Leicestershire but not cold.

DD1 and family are coming for lunch today and we are promised a performance of the Haka by DGD1 who is a very gangly 11 year old - should be entertaining.

We went to see Persie's Mother's Day assembly. It was wonderful and Persie had the biggest grin on her face for the whole time and, naturally, she was the star of the show!!

NfkDumpling Sat 10-Mar-18 06:59:35

Morning All

Very wet, soggy and drippy in Norfolk. I don't think we'll need to worry about hose pipe bans this summer!

A mother's day assembly is a lovely idea Kitty, I don't think any of our lot had one. Especially nice when you know the star so well!

Nothing planned today, although DS and DGS may possibly call round. DGS will be wanting his confiscated Lego after his enormous tantrum on Wednesday!

oldgoat Sat 10-Mar-18 07:11:32

Morning all.
It's a bit grey and damp-looking today in York after lovely sunshine yesterday.
Having a quiet day today after my exciting trip to Redcar to see the now-revealed submerged forest on the beach. OH didn't want to come so I took the dog who was wonderful company and shared my fish and chips. Everybody speaks to you when you walk with a dog. Best thing we've done in years getting him.
Have good day.

Baggs Sat 10-Mar-18 07:13:59

Morning, folks! We have wind and more wind in Argyll with rain promised.

Minibaggs's Spanish exchange partner is coming to visit next week so I need to make a list of very British meals for while she's here.

Baggs Sat 10-Mar-18 07:15:19

OG, someone I follow on Twitter had been to Redcar for the same reason t'other day. It was lovely to see his pictures.

oldgoat Sat 10-Mar-18 07:35:56

baggs What about square sausage for your Spanish guest - just like the truly disgusting sobrasada you get in Spain?

Mapleleaf Sat 10-Mar-18 07:46:17

Good morning, everyone.
Well it’s grey, murky and damp here in my part of South Yorkshire, after fairly heavy rain through the night. Such a contrast to yesterday!
A few chores to do in town this morning, then a pottering sort of day, I think.
Enjoy yours. ?

Greyduster Sat 10-Mar-18 07:47:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Wet wet wet in South Yorkshire today. Schools cross country this morning so acres of mud for our little boys (and parents and gp’s) to look forward to. Wellies are the order of the day (if I can find them!). Have a good day folks.

NanKate Sat 10-Mar-18 07:50:54

Dear Mick Kitty and All.

How lovely for you Kitty watching your ?

Just had a lovely FaceTime chat with our two wonderful GSs they were so happy and exuberant with the 7 year old dressed up in his footie kit as he had been chosen to play a match today. The youngest asked me to sing one of his favourite songs from when he was a baby. Do you remember ‘those magnificent men in their flying machines’ ? I was doing all the actions too whilst juggling a cuppa in bed ?

Nana3 Sat 10-Mar-18 07:57:29

Good morning, it's raining here in Lancashire. Going to a dinner dance tonight.
Have a good day everyone.

farview Sat 10-Mar-18 08:07:32

Good morning everyone,wet in Lancashire BUT it's green and not white as I look across the fields,smilehave a good day!!

DanniRae Sat 10-Mar-18 08:07:43

Good Morning All! Dry but grey here in South East London. Having a living room carpet fitted today so sitting in an, almost, empty room. Just me, sofa and the tv!
I will be so glad when it is done and all is restored to normal. BUT been putting off doing it for ages and old carpet is full of moth holes and worn patches..........blush

Greyduster Sat 10-Mar-18 08:16:22

NanKate ??

ninathenana Sat 10-Mar-18 08:20:06

Morning all.

The rain in Kent has stopped at last. It's just grey and windy.
A little tidying and then watch the rugby.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sat 10-Mar-18 08:23:52

Morning All from a very wet corner of Somerset. Your description made me smile nankate, what else did you sing? The school service is such a good idea kitty, magical memories. We’ve a birthday celebration to attend today, good job it’s indoors. Hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Sat 10-Mar-18 08:28:48

Good morning all, very wet here in Glasgow, but anything is better than the snow.
A day in, as my chest is just not clearing up, despite the dreaded steroids. It will be great to just relax.
Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

silverlining48 Sat 10-Mar-18 08:37:21

Good morning everyone
Greyish here in kent but Perhaos it will brighten up later, an old school friend is coming later this morning, she is incredibly houseproud so as soon as I have finished my cuppa I will get the duster out.
ThTs not to say we havnt doesn’t the last couple of days sorting and tidying, because we have. Feeling tired now. Zzzz
Have a good weekend people

silverlining48 Sat 10-Mar-18 08:37:47

We havnt spent ....

MawBroon Sat 10-Mar-18 08:42:16

Good morn8ng on a beautiful day in N Bucks!
Oh I know it will probably be raining again in the blink of an eye, but for the time being .......???
Off to London for lunch with my sisters in law and brother in law (his birthday yesterday)
It is also my lovely SIL1’s birthday today and DD1’s tomorrow so they are all off for the weekend and I am looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.
When I came back from Stratford yesterday I was quite shocked to still see snow by the side of the roads near here and in Northamptonshire. Very very glad to have seen the back of that - I hope.

Anniebach Sat 10-Mar-18 08:53:51

Good morning all from Mid Wales , rain on the way , Derek our weather man said ☹️

harrigran Sat 10-Mar-18 09:13:44

Good morning, heavy rain here in the north east.
GD's assembly was very special, they held up their posters with their family tree on and each said a little about their own family. DH and I dissolved when GD said she loved her grandparents because they were always there to give cuddles and help the family.
My day was complete when the 8 year old sat down at the piano and played Ode to joy

Tippy22 Sat 10-Mar-18 09:13:46

Good morning everyone. Another grey day in East Sussex, that sounds like it could be a title for a book. After getting soaked yesterday because I forgot my umbrella when I went out I'm staying put today and waiting in for all the bouquets that will arrive for Mothering Sunday, or not. Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Sat 10-Mar-18 09:33:32

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Already 12 degrees outside. Has Spring finally sprung?
Had a lie in this morning as we have no plans.

LynneB59 Sat 10-Mar-18 09:36:24

Hello, it's wet and dull in Nottingham, but I'm planning on doing things indoors anyway. My heating is on, my cats are cosy, and I've just had a cooked breakfast (made by my husband)Meeting up with friends this evening, to watch a local group play at a social club