Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good Morning Monday

(26 Posts)
12Michael Mon 09-Apr-18 06:42:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey but its dry here in Brackley this morning, otherwise a normal spring day.
Mick

ninathenana Mon 09-Apr-18 06:48:41

Morning Mick and everyone.

Same old story..... it's grey in Kent.
That's about it really.

Marydoll Mon 09-Apr-18 06:48:42

Good morningMick and all who follow.
Damp here is Glasgow, I hope it brightens up, as we have DGD.
Mick I hope your lack of hot water is sorted.
DH told me at 11pm last night that DS2 is coming for dinner! He "forgot" to tell me. ??
Some creative thinking required, as I had already prepared tonight's dinner.
Have a good day Monday everyone.

Marydoll Mon 09-Apr-18 06:49:08

Morning Nina smile

MawBroon Mon 09-Apr-18 06:57:41

Good morning everybody.
For the last 3 days I have been wide awake at silly o’clock (5.30/45) but too tired to get up and do anything useful. I can vouch for the dawn chorus, but apart from registering that the ground is wet, have no idea of the weather as it is just grey.
Off to stay with DD and family for a couple of days (wish I could have had more sleep “in the bank” )
Just got drop Hattie off at kennels, but have no urge to hit the motorway early.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

kittylester Mon 09-Apr-18 06:59:19

Morning all!

It's very misty in North Leicestershire. We had intended to finish the fardel today but the idea doesn't appeal a lot.

I think I'll pootle and faff instead.grin

Lunch with friends in the Turkish Restaurant in the village.

Enjoy your Mondays everyone.

kittylester Mon 09-Apr-18 07:01:22

fardel what's that all about. Garden!

Maybe the Turkish Restaurant sells fardel? confused

NanKate Mon 09-Apr-18 07:01:32

Morning Mick and All.

Thoroughly fed up with this grey drizzly weather here in South Bucks. I wonder if we will get a lovely warm summer to compensate for this dreadful winter, but it doesn’t always work like that, does it ?

Off to Keep Fit. I find the quarter of an hour floor exercises difficult at the end, but I am determined not to do them on a chair as our less mobile members do. The time will come when I have to give in, but it hasn’t arrived just yet. ?

NanKate Mon 09-Apr-18 07:02:39

You are going very exotic Kitty

ninathenana Mon 09-Apr-18 07:24:20

Really fed up with the weather now, a friend just posted a memory on FB a photo of her GS playing in bright sunshine wearing shorts n T-shirt taken a year ago today. Some hopes !

Sar53 Mon 09-Apr-18 07:30:57

Good morning everyone from a grey, dull Essex by the sea.
I'm going to try and get a doctor's appointment today, my hacking cough has got worse and it's making it very hard to sleep.
Have a good day all.

cornergran Mon 09-Apr-18 07:33:27

Morning All. Grey sky in our corner of Somerset too. Surely is tedious now. Younger granddaughter with us today, plan a trip on the bus, a rarity for her. Hope the grey doesn’t begin to leak rain hmm. Finish the garden kitty? Have hardly begun here, too wet and muddy. Hope Monday is kind to everyone.

Gagagran Mon 09-Apr-18 07:34:35

Good Morning everyone.

It's another damp, grey day here on the south coast. I really hope we are paying in advance for a wonderful summer!

Another day garage decluttering beckons. We found two very old clocks in there yesterday - neither working. One was a Westminster chime from my late in-laws (probably 1930s) and the other even older, but of poor quality, which I had been given as a memento of an old neighbour many years ago.
One of our neighbours volunteers at the local Sue Ryder charity shop so I asked him if they would be of any use to them.
He accepted eagerly and said they have a volunteer
who is a keen horologist so he will be able to fix them and hopefully find a buyer.
I am very happy about that! Who knows what other treasures will come to light as the great declutter continues? grin

Hope the day is a good one for all GNs sunshine

NfkDumpling Mon 09-Apr-18 07:40:33

Morning All

Grey and drizzly in Norfolk too, but the forecast is for a bit of sun after lunch. May get out into the garden for a while if I don't fall asleep. Managed to sleep through until 5.30 this morning.

ginny Mon 09-Apr-18 07:44:36

Good morning. Yes, another dull, grey and damp one here in N. Bucks.
Need a few bits and pieces from town so going to have a wander. One of my favourite patchwork shops is closing down so may see if there are any bargains there too.

NannyJan53 Mon 09-Apr-18 08:00:46

Good Morning all

Dull and grey here again! This time last year we were in Oxford for the weekend, and I remember it was very hot and sunny. I have photo's with bright blue skies!

Later this morning I am off to Mums, and we are going to a Warner's Hotel until Friday, fingers crossed for no rain at least. So no cooking or washing up for a while smile

Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Mon 09-Apr-18 08:05:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. You cannot see your hand in front of your face today in South Yorkshire as it is very foggy! GS here overnight but both he and grandad still asleep. We are hoping to get out later. GS wants to go to the local pitch and putt. Probably means more mud in the car which was thoroughly de-mudded yesterday! Have a good day, folks.

annsixty Mon 09-Apr-18 08:22:47

Good morning all.
I am no longer a regular visitor to this thread but I read it every morning and had to pop in to say it is a lovely morning here in Stockport, very sunny and bright blue sky.
The downside is that we are promised rain. We also woke up to a frost.

Pittcity Mon 09-Apr-18 08:38:26

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. Walking into town this morning for a meeting and a bit of shopping. I will be a bit damp!

Marthajolly1 Mon 09-Apr-18 08:42:03

Good morning all.
Very dull here today. Can't see across the Forth. Nespresso machine played up this morning so late coffee. Plan A was to play 9 holes of golf. Plan B is to make a start on sanding all 5 upstairs doors for a make over. OH hasn't yet given any indication of which it will be.

Nana3 Mon 09-Apr-18 08:45:34

Good morning Mick and everyone. Very foggy here in Lancashire, I am getting ready for a trip to France, hope the weather is better there.
Have a good day.

Anniebach Mon 09-Apr-18 08:47:52

Good morning all from Mid Wales, rain coming in - again

harrigran Mon 09-Apr-18 08:52:26

Good morning, grey and misty in the north. Pleased that DD did not fly out on first plane today.
GP appointment this afternoon then grocery shopping.

Mapleleaf Mon 09-Apr-18 09:29:59

Good morning,
Still foggy here in South Yorkshire, but it has lifted a bit since I got up. Hope it lifts completely.
Enjoy your day. ?

annodomini Mon 09-Apr-18 09:32:43

Good morning all. Is North East Cheshire the only place in the country where it's bright and sunny?