Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Good morning saturday

(29 Posts)
stevierichards1954 Sat 09-Jun-18 05:27:34

And good morning the weekend.
Long weekend of gatherings and parties. Pity not as hot as week but the company makes up for it. Happy weekend one and all

12Michael Sat 09-Jun-18 06:20:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry but grey start here in Brackley this morning, usual day out etc.
Mick

MawBroon Sat 09-Jun-18 06:34:14

Good morning Mick, Stevie and those to come from an as yet grey morning somewhere in the centre of Brussels. We got here at 10.30 last night and other than giving the address to the taxi driver last night, I do not have the faintest idea where this stunning modern flat is! More than a bit tired as quantities of (English) champagne were consumed at St Pancras and as part of our “picnic” on the train.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

grannyeleven Sat 09-Jun-18 06:35:11

Morning all before n after me--flipping heck these steroids
waking me at 4:30 now--sunny and still here I South Lakes--
will make gingerbread.(I'm Silver Darlings) GN have given me Grannyeleven--will sort it. Slainte +

cornergran Sat 09-Jun-18 06:38:37

Morning All. Grey start in our corner of Somerset. Sounds a good reason to be tired maw, have a lovely weekend. I’m just tired because sleep has evaded me. Not sure how our day will evolve but I hope Saturday is kind to everyone.

grannyeleven Sat 09-Jun-18 06:38:48

Morning Maw in Brussel land-have a super duper time +

Gagagran Sat 09-Jun-18 06:40:54

Good Morning Mick and everyone.

There's a grey cloud layer again here on the south coast but I think we are promised sunny intervals today. Prefer that to heat and humidity.

DH is off with his bike club today so I have a quiet day to contemplate. I enjoy that - and just pottering. Suspect DD might well call in too which is always a treat.

Have a good day folks! sunshine

NanKate Sat 09-Jun-18 06:44:56

Morning Mick and All.

You sound as if you are having fun Maw keep us up to speed with your holiday.

I do feel for you grannyeleven I was on steroids for 2 years until recently and they made me hyper for a few months, very odd. I hope they help you in other ways.

Warming up here in South Bucks.

harrigran Sat 09-Jun-18 06:54:05

Good morning, overcast but I have no plans to leave my bedroom today.
I was gobsmacked when the surgeon said I could go home, didn't need telling twice. I can't do anything but being in your own bed is enough for now.

ginny Sat 09-Jun-18 07:02:36

Good morning all.
Looking a bit grey here in N. Bucks but is supposed to brighten and warm later.
A quick trip to local shops for some food and then off to DD 2 for lunch and to help her with her garden.

Marydoll Sat 09-Jun-18 07:06:12

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow,. I hope the rain, which is forecast stays off.
Tired after a day childminding yesterday.
Gillybob, , you can now enjoy your weekend after the good news about your granddaughter.
Harrigran, take it easy.?
Maw ?
Have a great weekend, all.
PS, steroids are the curse of the Devil, ?but they do serve a purpose!?

Marydoll Sat 09-Jun-18 07:07:09

Ha,ha, mixed up the emoticons!

ffinnochio Sat 09-Jun-18 07:08:05

Good morning to you all!
Looking clear and bright in Dorset. Not long to go now before my last and final move.

Wishing you a comfortable recovery harri

Yiayia4 Sat 09-Jun-18 07:20:53

Morning all,thanks to everyone for your kind welcome,what a lovely lot you are.The meet up sounds fun Greenfinch,looks like another warm day here.Enjoy your Saturday.

Nana3 Sat 09-Jun-18 07:21:18

Good morning, sunny in Lancashire. Hoping to visit a National Garden Scheme garden today, OH will reluctantly come to.
Wishing you a speedy recovery harrigran.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Sat 09-Jun-18 07:23:40

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. Warm with a high pollen count.
Friendly game of Walking Netball at Clacton Leisure Centre Open Day at lunchtime.

NfkDumpling Sat 09-Jun-18 07:28:39

Morning All

Two days ago the forecast for today was sunshine, warmth and the prospect of a balmy evening. So we booked tickets for the club bbq this afternoon with DS, DiL and DGS. It’s dawned cold and grey here in Norfolk this morning with no prospect of improvement!! Winter woolies back on! At least we know the food will be good.

I had the staples out of my knee yesterday and the scar is looking good - well as good as a two week gash can look. Now I have no excuse not to get the best bend possible into this knee and try to make it straight! Four weeks before I see the consultant - and everyone, including me - is afraid of him! To work!

Greyduster Sat 09-Jun-18 07:42:48

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A dull start in South Yorkshire but I think it is set to improve. Not much to do today other than a bit of gardening and cook dinner for GS and his folks. Harri I’m sure being home will aid your recovery but please take it easy. Nfk onward and upward with your knee - don’t want that consultant on your back! Have a good day, folks.

kittylester Sat 09-Jun-18 07:46:47

Morning all!

It's greyish in North Leicestershire but we are going to a matinee performance of Crazy For You so it won't impact on us. Curry for dinner.

Harri, hope things are progressing well. Maw enjoy your birthday treat. gilly sunshine

gillybob Sat 09-Jun-18 07:47:26

Good morning Mick , Stevie and everyone from the Cloudy NE coast.

Thank goodness it’s Saturday, it’s been quite a week!

So glad your home in your own bed Harri smile

Thank you Marydoll yes we were so relieved.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.

stevierichards1954 Sat 09-Jun-18 08:00:00

Decided to go to London for a day

gillybob Sat 09-Jun-18 08:05:47

Sightseeing? Shopping? A show? A bite to eat? Whatever you do, enjoy your day Stevie smile

Panache Sat 09-Jun-18 08:09:26

Good Morning to you all from a slightly grey and damp corner of Wales,although hopes are pinned high on this "plume" of hot air areriving sooner than later!!

My word we are getting to be quite a crowd here,nice to see it and a warm welcome to all newcomers from me.
As fairly new myself I was not aware of any etiquette and I just followed the examples learned from other Forums,which is just the normal politeness etc.So hope I have not stepped out of line which I would be very unhappy about.

Great news Harrigan,slowly does it NfkD,grrrrrrrrrrr for you and those darned steroids Grannyleven.....sometimes the price we pay to be reasonably well bounces back on us.

Whilst Maw lovely hearing that your break started early at St Pancreas.......hope that has simply "put you in the mood!!"sunshine

Have a peaceful and hopefully, a healthy day folks.

Anniebach Sat 09-Jun-18 08:49:46

Good morning all x

ninathenana Sat 09-Jun-18 08:53:23

Good morning everyone.

Yes, as you say Panache the GM list grows and grows smile Am I the only one who sometimes dosen't bother if it's later than 8.30 ish as I feel everyone has been and gone and my post won't be seen ???
Phone shopping for H today as his has died. It's a tricky job as he only uses it to make calls so a waste to pay too much.
Glad to hear you are one step nearer to recovery harri
Enjoy your weekend Maw??