Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

New to Gransnet?

(805 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 13-Sep-18 10:53:26

Any new joiners? smile If you've recently signed up to Gransnet or have been around a while but haven't got round to posting anything yet, please pop over to Welcome to Gransnet to introduce yourself and have a virtual cup of cafe or wine.

BassGrammy Mon 04-Feb-19 11:29:16

I joined a week or so ago, I found the site via another parenting site.
I've enjoyed looking at the forum so far and look forward to joining in!
I have 4 grandchildren, 3 girls and a boy, and enjoy all things crafty, travelling and particularly singing!

Charleygirl5 Mon 04-Feb-19 15:18:46

Welcome.

Luba Mon 04-Feb-19 18:09:14

I have already asked this as a newby but still can't find where to find abbreviations. Can someone help me please and thank you

Charleygirl5 Mon 04-Feb-19 18:33:12

Welcome Luba. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will find Acronyms. Click on Acronyms and voila- there you are.

Nanabanana1 Wed 06-Feb-19 21:57:21

Hi all I have been following GN for at least 12 months, lost my husband 2 years ago and one of my lovely daughters 6 months ago, only just finding my confidence to join in with things again and find GN very helpful especially the daily emails.
Have posted on the Crafters net though.?

Persistentdonor Thu 07-Feb-19 12:10:39

Nanabanana It is really great that you are starting to regain confidence, and I look forward to meeting you soon. smile

T1nkerBe11e Thu 07-Feb-19 14:05:28

Hi everyone! I have just joined.

Charleygirl5 Thu 07-Feb-19 16:32:24

Welcome TinkerBelle please feel free to join the rest of the time wasters!!!!

Smiley4 Fri 08-Feb-19 15:14:05

Hi Tinkerbell. Welcome. Hope you enjoy the discussions and topics. ?

GramVande Fri 08-Feb-19 16:25:41

Hello!! I am new here and have been checking out the entire site, the variety within and the simplicity of it all! Not a fan of Facebook, Twitter or any other social media but did a search on Google to find adult social groups that were authentic and this is where it lead me. I’m very excited to being involved here!

Charleygirl5 Fri 08-Feb-19 16:29:42

Welcome GramVande. Some of the posts may rip your head off but if you start off with soop's kitchen you will find that everybody there is kind and civilised. It may take a while to understand who the posters are but it will be well worth it.

Amee Sat 09-Feb-19 09:44:16

Hello, I have been hiding for some time, and not felt brave enough to join in! I found this site through search engine (I think). There are some interesting topics on the forums which I have only recently discovered, as I have only been following the daily newsletter threads, hence finding this and posting!

Marydoll Sat 09-Feb-19 09:54:14

Welcome, Amee !

Amee Sat 09-Feb-19 10:35:56

Thank you Marydoll smile

Qwerty Sat 09-Feb-19 11:57:54

I first came across Gransnet through Mumsnet. I have occasionally read GN then joined a few weeks ago and started reading regularly. I find the content interesting and enjoy the different views expressed. I might try the book club as I am an avid reader.

4lyndon6 Sun 10-Feb-19 18:28:03

Mentioned to daughter (50) today something I had read on Gransnet........’Gransnet’ ??? She didn’t know about you, being a Mumsnet girl! Wow, at long last I knew something she didn’t!

Orangutan Wed 13-Feb-19 18:08:03

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new too. I posted a little while on the pets forum and got some excellent, helpful replies. It's lovely to know that us grand are so full of knowledgeable advice.

Orangutan Wed 13-Feb-19 18:10:50

Meant to say "grans", although "grands" is probably a better description for us! X

Charleygirl5 Wed 13-Feb-19 22:22:56

Welcome Orangutan Pleased to hear that you received some good advice.

GabriellaG54 Sat 16-Feb-19 22:55:00

Mamissimo
Publishing eh, but still the odd error. It's led not lead.

GabriellaG54 Sat 16-Feb-19 22:56:44

GramVande
Led not lead.

Charleygirl5 Sun 17-Feb-19 12:03:05

Gabrielle we do not normally correct the grammar of newbies or anybody else for that matter. It is not very friendly and does not encourage them to return.

Jonna Sun 17-Feb-19 15:57:17

Hi from Sweden or as we say in Swedish, Hej från Sverige. I’m Jonna a 56 year old gran and just recently joined Gransnet after searching for sites for the over fifties on Internet. I have three grown up daughters and five grandchildren. I’m married and my wife is 30, Yes there’s a twenty six year age gap and we’re often taken for mother and daughter. We’ve known each other for ten years, been together for nine and married for seven. I’m disabled and a permanent wheelchair user after losing both legs at the hip in an accident when I was two. I love good food and wine, single malt Scotch whisky and a good cigar. I retired six years ago and my wife and I can now indulge in one of our big passions which is travelling. Next stop on our list is Japan in April. We do have one bad habit, we’re both smokers. Looking forward to meeting new friends and posting in the forums.

Charleygirl5 Sun 17-Feb-19 16:02:55

Welcome both of you. Please do not give a lot of information on here because it is very much an open forum and I am sure you do not want to be recognised,

Does that sound a fabulous holiday to which to look forward, but smokers? A definite no-no!!!

Wobbles Mon 18-Feb-19 16:56:35

Hi All, today I decided to take the plunge to join GN. Let the fun begin smile