Gransnet forums

Gransnet cafe

Welcome to the *Gransnet Café. This is a non-judgemental space for you to pop in for a cuppa with some virtual friends, seek out advice for a particular problem, or share an update on your life - important or trivial. Feel free to have your say and chat about your day, but please leave any arguments at the door. If you're struggling to find someone to talk to in real life, or are simply looking for a bit of a chat, this is the place for you.

Anyone ever had a dream and then it happened in real life?

(84 Posts)
sazz1 Thu 04-Feb-21 11:34:27

Ok so I rarely remember dreams but 2 nights ago I dreamed I won the lottery! As I only do the lottery about once every few months I thought it strange but had one line anyway yesterday for fun. I had an email saying I had won a prize - first time to win anything. It was only a few pounds for 3 numbers so not life changing but seems a strange coincidence that I'd dreamed of winning.
Anyone else ever had a dream come true?

Spuddy Sat 12-Aug-23 12:42:19

Big congratulations on your win!

Some years ago when living in another area I dreamed I was stood in my high street trying to cross with loads of traffic, couldn't cross because of it.

Then I saw a black car, don't know what sort as I'm not a driver but it was one of the types like KITT from Knight Rider, and there was no driver or anyone else and an entire jet black interior, but it was driving along anyway, and it looked evil, the front lights were like silver demonic eyes, it scared me and the fact there was do driver.

The next day, I really was stood on the same high street, trying to cross and THAT CAR pulled up! I absolutely froze solid with fright and couldn't move, just shook with fear.

It wasn't until the car passed me that I realized there was a driver but he was wearing all black and he was sat well back from the steering wheel!

That was about 15 years ago and to this day I still don't like that type of car, still makes me shiver!

Primrose53 Thu 30-Mar-23 17:31:05

All the time! Last night I was dreaming my husband asked me to check on a small neck cushion behind him. I clearly said to him “it has slipped down because the mattress needs pushing back to the headboard.” I then woke up and I was actually out of the bed pushing the mattress back!! Luckily he stayed asleep.

1987H2001M2002Inanny Sun 29-Jan-23 15:59:35

Very interesting answers everyone.Makes you wonder.

fancythat Sun 29-Jan-23 15:55:23

Gosh no. Thankfully.

Grantanow Sun 29-Jan-23 15:53:06

Ha ha. I dreamt the Tories lost the General Election. Still waiting.

GagaJo Sat 12-Feb-22 07:55:09

I get premonitions, but I'm very anti all that sort of thing, so I try to ignore them. But then I get a bit spooked when they happen. I wish I didn't get them. I'm not interested.

Jezra Sat 12-Feb-22 00:23:03

I get premonitions, waking dreams and sleeping dreams that come true but the message is always in some sort of code if that makes sense. Some of them scare me.
About a year before we knew about Covid and went into lockdown I kept seeing empty streets in my minds eye. Not a soul to be seen in the city or the town where I stayed. Very eerie. A feeling of dread. I thought perhaps we were maybe going to suffer a war or something big. Then Covid, the first lockdown - the streets were empty!
One night just over a year ago, I awoke at bang on two a.m. with a feeling that something was dreadfully wrong. I tried to go to sleep but couldn’t. The phone rang at 2:10 and I was told my Mum had passed away 10 minutes before. ?
When I was a teenager and living in a different area I had a vivid daydream that said to beware of a dark, handsome man in my life who would be bad and drag me down. I could see him in my minds eye very clearly standing in a dark place with music playing. A couple of years later, there he stood in the dark nightclub, music playing. It was the man in my daydream. He was bad indeed and is now my ex husband.
I have other stories.

Pepper59 Sun 16-Jan-22 17:07:54

Yes, but don't want to put details on a public forum.

SporeRB Sun 16-Jan-22 14:28:51

After the excitement of Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding, I had this strange dream.

I dreamt that I was in a large building with lots of other people. Meghan came holding hands with two children, a boy and a younger girl, the girl is about four years old. I did not see Harry with them, all I see was a silhouette of another man in the background.

Next dream is freaky, I dreamt I was attacked by a ghost – a woman in white in my own home. When I told my daughter about my dream, she said she also dreamt being attacked by the same ghost that same night. Really strange, I believe this could be a psychic attack.

Last one is not a dream but some random thoughts that enter my head.
Many years ago, I told my daughter, ‘If me or your dad were to die, we most likely will die of pneumonia. It is in the air outside but it can get inside the house.’

Just hope I am not predicting my own demise, dying of coronavirus, an airborne virus. It might be just a warning to me to be careful.

Grandma2213 Sun 16-Jan-22 14:26:28

My most memorable dream was when my father died and I returned to my home town for the funeral. I dreamed I was sitting on a bench looking over the town and feeling very peaceful. The next day when we went to visit the funeral parlour I was surprised because it was not where it used to be when I lived there. I became very distressed and almost ran away blindly telling my family I needed a walk. I don't remember anything then until I was sitting on the same bench which was on a hill overlooking that funeral parlour. I was stunned and the same feeling of peace came over me. I cannot explain that dream. To my knowledge I had never been to that place before when I lived there.

After that I dreamed regularly of my father until eventually one night he told me it was time to leave him alone unless it was something really important! I've rarely dreamed about him since. In that dream I think it was some sort of psychological acceptance in me that he was really gone.

Razzy Sun 16-Jan-22 12:22:05

Yes! I rarely remember dreams but once I had the most vivid bizarre dream that woke me up, sat bolt upright in bed! Lots of detail about an unusual plane crash. Next day I met some friends of friends and that evening they got a phone call. Guess what? It was the exact same details as my dream! So spooky!

nanna8 Sun 16-Jan-22 09:10:56

I’ve had quite a few of these sort of dreams, mostly trivial but some very odd. Many years ago I dreamt that one of the bosses at the local council died . Just a young man, only in his 40s. The following week he was involved in a terrible accident and was killed. I felt really funny about it, quite queasy as I had told a friend and she then thought I was some sort of clairvoyant. There’s more to this life than we dream of, isn’t there ?

Socksandsocks01 Sun 16-Jan-22 08:52:33

I've had a few funny dreams. I dreamt of one of the girls at work crying in reception. When I got to work next morning her brother had died during the night. Another dream I just suddenly saw my brothers face right up to my face. Next day we found out he was ill and on his way home. Other times I've had dreams which were vivid and distressing but didn't come true.

Missismac Sun 22-Aug-21 15:46:34

This has happened to me on three occasions.
When I was 10 years old I was worried to death because I had lost a school library book. I had searched and searched for it to no avail. Then I dreamt that I went up into our loft and found it in a suitcase. I asked my mother about it the next day and she assured me there were only some books of my Dad’s up there but she let me go and look and there was my book in a suitcase just as I had dreamed. My mother had put it up there because it was titled Emil and the Detectives and she thought it was a detective novel of my Dad’s!

Lovetopaint037 Sat 01-May-21 09:57:11

It’s those dreams that you find yourself living while you remember the dream.

Maggiemaybe Sat 01-May-21 08:03:59

I had a vivid lottery dream many years ago, when I clearly heard someone reading out the winning 6 numbers. It woke me up and I scrabbled for a pen and piece of paper in my bedside cabinet. I managed to write down 3 of the numbers, but the others were fading fast and I scribbled down 3 near misses (think 26 for 36). After that I kept paper and pencil close to hand when I went to bed, but of course the chance never came again. I still have that scrap of paper somewhere!

MayBee70 Sat 01-May-21 02:05:13

Many many times I’ll have the tv or radio on when I’m reading something and someone says the word I’m reading, I always find that weird.

EilaRose Sat 01-May-21 01:44:47

Well I dreamt that DH had died (he wasn't sick at the time and nothing to suggest it could happen), the whole 'funeral' was a debacle with my narcissist adoptive mother creating hell and wanting to be the centre of attention. Naturally I woke from this dream extremely anxious and while DH and I never kept any secrets from each other, I could never find the time or words, to share this with him. It was too creepy!

Unfortunately he died suddenly a year later and it all played out as in the dream. Something I will never forget and always etched in my mind.

Still sends shivers down my spine thinking about it.

Fast forward to last year and I had another vivid dream it was DH's friend from many years ago who lives in another part of the country so we haven't had a chance to catch up for a long time. Anyway, in this dream he walked into my bedroom and was standing at the foot of the bed when I woke. He said who it was and he didn't want to scare me but he just found out DH had died and had driven a couple of days, arriving in the early hours of the morning.

Once I actually woke up and started piecing this recent dream together, I realised this friend doesn't even know my current address and how would he be able to get into the house in the middle of the night? This part didn't make sense at all, but it was very real in my mind.

Someone else mentioned knowing who is on the phone before you answer (even prior to caller ID), this is something I've always been able to do and sometimes it can be unnerving.

Strange how these things happen...

MayBee70 Fri 30-Apr-21 22:44:46

I dreamt that my MIL was going to die. We then had a phone call to say that she was ill and I almost fainted. She did die several months later. Dreams really worry me now.

Razzy Fri 30-Apr-21 22:37:03

I rarely remember dreams but one was so real, so vivid, I sat bolt upright in bed! Loads of detail, it was an airfield I’d never been to, and was a very unusual and specific accident, I could see the pilots involved, everything. One odd thing was that I saw tables and piles of paper outside. A couple of days later I was at a dinner party and one chap (who I’d never met) got an urgent call and left. Next day I was told that he was on an airfield committee and there had been a plane crash. All the details matched. I described the airfield and it was spot on. And turns out they were having an open day thus the tables and piles of paper outside. It was the weirdest scariest thing. I was once told I had string psychic ability but was suppressing it. After that dream I think I put the shutters up!

Floradora9 Thu 29-Apr-21 21:54:01

I tossed and turned one night thinking about a dear friend who had died after moving miles away from us . I kept thinking how I wished we had a memento from his house to remember him by. We went out shopping the next day came home to find a box in our hall of little ornaments with an note from a friend saying she was sorry it took so long for her to deliver this box but please take something in memory of our mutual friend. She had taken weeks to bring it round .

Aztra Thu 29-Apr-21 20:19:41

I married young - and the marriage only lasted 6years - but for the whole 6 years I kept dreaming of a man I'd never met. 5 years after I'd left I was working in an office and we got introduced to a new guy - omg it was him! I nearly fainted in shock. + Yes we ended up together!!

Purplepoppies Sun 07-Feb-21 12:58:52

I told my best friend twice she was pregnant before she knew it herself.
My mum was very intuitive (witchy she called it)
She often knew who was calling and would answer the phone using their name!! She also knew she was going to die on that day. ?

Kenver60 Sun 07-Feb-21 11:28:32

I quite often dream of somebody I haven’t seen for quite a while then bump into them the next day , or should I say I used to before covid.

Pebblesterrier Sun 07-Feb-21 10:28:03

Don't think I've ever dreamt about something that has later happened, but often have 'feelings'. I sort of know things.

A few examples are that I thought my hairdresser was expecting a baby before she told me. I had a feeling that I put on my welly on and there was a mouse in it. When I went to put them on I turned them upside down, just in case - and a mouse fell out out one of them! Don't know who was the most surprised, the beautiful little field mouse or me! A friend was showing me round her new (rather old) house and as we walked up the stairs I had a funny feeling that someone was coming down the stairs. Months later she told me that their house appeared to be 'haunted'!

Hope I won't be burned at the stake ?