GrannyGravy13
As an owner of a SME I can honestly say that this Labour cohort has done absolutely nothing for me, other than increase running costs across the board.
A decision was made last week that if an employee leaves, they will not be immediately replaced as normal. Instead it will be decided if it’s necessary after a month or so being a man/woman down.
That's really why my husband wouldn't be tempted to vote for Labour again, he did vote for Tony Blair, at the time be felt that the then Tories had run their course. In his working life he ran a small business. Obviously retired now, but much of his empathy is for those who are still in that position. His common gripe, Labour never appear to have anyone in the Cabinet who has business experience or appear to listen to how business is being stifled. Lets face it RR's handling of the economy has been shite. Particularly egregious to him is the burgeoning benefits budget and how that's being dished out. Two members of our family have ADHD, my son is one, un diagnosed has always worked and would be horrified not to. His granddaughter who is actually a qualified barrister, has had it diagnosed and again has been able to achieve that level of success in spite of this condition which is quite common from everything we know now. However, will have to see what's coming down the line in the next budget, some of these hand outs definitely need to be reassessed they're unsustainable. Like everyone else we don't want those who really need state help to lose it. On the whole he quite likes Burnham as opposed to Starmer, but not enough to vote Labour. He's been relating back to me what Jeremy Clarkson has been saying at the Tory conference as to running a business under this administration which he tells me resonates. I haven't listened to it. My friend's daughter is a hairdresser with her own business employing around half a dozen, she has told her mother, if I get any more costs loaded on, I'll consider shutting up shop literally and just operate on my own, without premises as a single person enterprise.
Personally, I don't know who I'll vote for really. It won't be either of the two extremes, Reform or The Greens. I don't think Labour garner a lot of votes in my constituency. We've got a Lib Dem MP right now. I'm not keen on them. When my mother was alive she either voted for her Lib Dem MP mainly because she thought he was an excellent constituency MP or The Greens. Time has moved on since 2008 and I don't think she'd be too impressed with either now, particularly not the The Greens.