Gransnet forums

Health

Addiction to painkillers.

(55 Posts)
Greatnan Sun 15-Sep-13 09:15:03

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2415779/A-nation-prescription-drug-addicts-More-Britons-die-abusing-painkillers-tranquillisers-heroin-cocaine.html

I know very well how insidious the slide into addiction can be. Of course some people need strong pain relief, but there are other options available.

M0nica Sat 09-Jun-18 16:03:00

Paracetamol and codeine is the only painkiller that will ameliorate my migraine headaches. They are not frequent and I have been using it for 40 years, taking a couple, or may be four roughly every month. I have never had the slightest inclination to take more than that. Nor have I noticed any of the 'advantageous' side effects. No painkiller of any kind I have ever taken has me feeling less anxious or happier, or change my mood in any way, so I have not been remotely inclined to use it as a mood changer.to do.

The problem is, while some people have become addicted to these tablets, in some case deliberately taking them for the buzz,the vast majority of users are like me, using them sparingly in limited circumstances for pain that does not respond to anything else and I would be loathe to take to the doctor a minor complaint that I have dealt with without problem for so long.

mickeyshah Sat 20-Jun-20 20:05:04

you can try this legitdispensarystore.com/product/big-petes-chocolate-chip-cookies/

and please let me know.

mcem Sat 20-Jun-20 20:10:34

Reported

BlueSky Sun 21-Jun-20 15:24:05

I didnt realized this was an old thread and when I saw 'Greatnan', I thought there was another lady called Greatnan, shouldn't be allowed!