Gransnet forums

Health

acid reflux and heartburn

(58 Posts)
rosesarered Tue 31-Dec-13 20:32:31

have been suffering for a while from this annoying thing, acid re-flux and heartburn, does anyone else have it?I try and root out problem foods, tomato based products, alchohol, anything spicy etc but still it occurs, daily.

rosesarered Mon 06-Jan-14 17:05:54

willsandco good luck, do hope that it's not anything serious.flowers

MargaretX Mon 06-Jan-14 17:06:18

I had heart burn during both pregnancies and have eaten 1000s of Rennies in my lifetime. Now I can't take pastry but cake is Ok if it is small piece. Mince pies would cause it straight away so they are out.

Acid Reflux is age - related, believe or not we have a 17 yr old tom cat and he has got it! Regularly - after making a grim face, he howls and regurgitates a small amount of his breakfast- or supper. I know just how he feels. My old fashioned Cat Book suggests 1/4 of a Rennie occasionally.

When really stressed I take Omep and try not to worry. My GP said to raise the head end of the bed 15 cms. All this after a thorough internal examination where nothing really serious was found.

jinglbellrocks Mon 06-Jan-14 19:02:16

Best wishes for the 15th Willsandco.

willsandco Tue 07-Jan-14 20:09:30

thanks, Jinglbellrocks. It is all a bit of a worry, to be truthful. But, I decided to try some alternative treatments: I ordered some Manuka honey 15. It arrived three days ago and already I feel better, can swallow without difficulty for the first time in ages, my throat feels easier, my whole mouth feels soothed. Quite extraordinary. It is expensive but so what? I just am so pleased that I feel better! Lets hope it isn't a three day wonder!

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 07-Jan-14 21:15:46

No reason why it should be a three day wonder. It's expensive for a reason. Keep taking it.

rockgran Fri 10-Jan-14 14:49:36

I've been away this week staying in a hotel with all the temptations of lovely food and drink. BUT I stayed on my diet smile - just cutting down on gluttony and booze - and didn't get heartburn even once! There is little doubt that my heartburn has been self inflicted. I am now on a fasting day sad but will stick with the programme.

Life11 Tue 01-Oct-19 19:03:45

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.