Gransnet forums

Health

Would you consider Botox etc.

(96 Posts)
pompa Sun 16-Nov-14 19:27:44

Just watching the tennis, it would appear the Sur barker has had some sort of treatment, botox/fillers ?. When she smiles. only her mouth moves, IMO, not a good look.

Wrinkles are the story of your life and I like them. I would however love to get my teeth fixed, I have had buck teeth all my life and am very conscious of them. But the cost and pain put me off.
I was very surprised when our daughter said she would have Botox as soon as she thought she needed it, she hates injections.
I suppose having a replacement hip/knee is a type of remedial surgery.

Would you consider such treatments, or perhaps you have already had them.

nightowl Thu 20-Nov-14 19:56:50

It's a minefield pompa. In theory, animal testing of cosmetics has recently been banned in Europe, which is good, but there are so many loopholes it's still not easy to find cosmetics that are truly cruelty free. Personally, I would never use anything that had been tested anywhere in the world (China being the major problem at the moment since their laws insist that everything is tested), and I check and double check everything I buy. If I needed drugs or medical treatments then I would face a serious ethical dilemma, and would probably compromise my principles - but never for cosmetic purposes.

pompa Sun 23-Nov-14 19:40:15

Ana,
"Wait til you see Barry Manilow on Strictly next week...now there's a man who's taken it too far!"

Just seen him - shock

bookdreamer Sun 23-Nov-14 19:49:10

Yikes pompa just saw him on strictly! It's ridiculous

numberplease Sun 23-Nov-14 23:32:36

!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Herrybraun Thu 20-Aug-15 12:47:28

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Charleygirl Thu 20-Aug-15 13:59:32

Reported

rosesarered Thu 20-Aug-15 14:18:45

Nope, I would never consider Botox.

rosesarered Thu 20-Aug-15 14:19:26

I know this is an ancient thread, but just saying!

TendringGran Thu 20-Aug-15 16:54:38

I've just had my eye bags removed and an eye lift a couple of months ago. (genetic issue- not to do with ageing). Should have done it years ago. so much more comfortable apart from how they look.

gettingonabit Fri 25-Sep-15 08:16:20

Know this is an old thread, but, yes, I've had Botox and fillers. I didn't much like them, though. I agree with the view that it can be preventative too, as it freezes the muscles, presumably stopping the skin wrinkling up. I do face exercises now, which are free and non-invasive.

I think the reason why older women (and men)! ?? can look odd with Botox is that it smooths out one part of the face only whilst not addressing the general sagging effect an older face has. So, even if you have good skin, if your face has sagged with age you look older anyway.

pompa it's possible to have teeth corrected as an adult but quite expensive, I gather.

animikakapur Thu 22-Oct-15 06:50:54

If your Doctor allow you to do botox why not? Go ahead, maybe that is the best way for you.

Leticia Thu 22-Oct-15 07:40:08

Absolutely not.

henetha Thu 22-Oct-15 09:51:58

I would only consider it if I really believed it would help my speech problems...... because I did once read that it maybe can.... but I'm not sure. Does anyone know?
(I've got a slight speech impediment)

Herrybraun Mon 13-May-19 16:19:36

I

Herrybraun Mon 13-May-19 16:21:12

Hello, I tried once but it works hardly for 2 months so for short time its OK but for long not sure.

BlueBelle Mon 13-May-19 16:40:05

No way, and never, I am as I am
I m yet to see anyone look good who has had any kind of reconstruction, fillers, Botox however I have seen people look better after a cleft palette op or a hugely wonky broken nose or a reconstruction after cancer but pure vanity when they are perfectly good looking to start with is horrible vanity

M0nica Mon 13-May-19 16:41:30

No. what is wrong is just looking yourself?

M0nica Mon 13-May-19 16:41:47

No

botoxfillersclinic Thu 08-Oct-20 09:32:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PRwrinkleremoval Thu 08-Oct-20 09:36:04

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.