Saw the doctor today as my hip was terrible over the weekend. Could hardly walk and getting into the car was a nightmare, painkillers not really working. Anyway, the new woman doctor was brilliant. She said my x-ray of July 2013 shows advanced arthritis in my right hip and in her opinion I should have been despatched to the hospital at that point, not fobbed off with pain killers. She asked me various questions - how much pain? Are there things I can't do that I used to? Do I feel my independence is threatened? Having ticked the relevant boxes she said I scored high and was therefore a priority case. I'll have to have another x-ray and then the op. She doesn't think there is a particularly long wait, perhaps only a month before I receive an appointment for the x-ray. She was very positive, said our local hospital gets very good results and I would feel much better after it was done. BUT I'M TERRIFIED. Has anyone any good advice, please?
Find the cheapest petrol in your area
What's next for Meghan and Harry?
This is because she has a bath, not a shower. So in our rota was included shower duty, where she would walk around to use next door's in her dressing-gown, have a shower while we stood guard while she negotiated stairs and things, then help to dry areas she couldn't reach.
That's the part my friend still feels grumpy about!
