District nurses are the best.

When my mum was suffering from Dementia and I was struggling to cope, my cousin who was a retired Health Visitor (sadly passed away) advised me to ask my GP if a District Nurse could visit mum in her flat.
He resisted saying that mum could be dealt with through care in the community but eventually agreed.
I made sure I was there when the nurse called and she was wonderful. Within days mum was admitted to hospital and subsequently to a Home where she settled in quite quickly and was well looked after.
Heaven knows what would have happened without the District Nurse because I was heading for complete carer burnout.
Gransnet forums
Health
Join the conversation
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join the discussion, watch threads and lots more.
Register now »Already registered? Log in with:
Gransnet »



. Enjoy being at home, and we look forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it. Meanwhile these are for you

