Hello all,
After quite a long time on Dosulepin, I have now been prescribed Citalopram, 20mg once a day.
On the advice of the consultant I have reduced my Dosulepin from 100mg a day, down to 75mg for 5 days, then nothing for a further 5 days before starting on the new stuff.
My question is this, after a fair few false starts I found that 6pm was exactly the right time for me to take the tablets. It didn't make me feel drowsy in the evening, and neither did I have the awful "jangly" feeling in the morning if I took them at bedtime.
As this is a completely different medication (albeit still prescribed for the same condition) I'm very unsure as to when the best time to take it might be.
As you know, I have started a new job which I love, but need to be "on the ball". I also need a decent nights sleep. The leaflet of possible side effects is no help at all!
For example, might be sleepy, on the other hand might have trouble sleeping. Might have a loss of appetite, or might have increased appetite, etc etc.
There is also a mention of the possibility of "vivid and unusual dreams" I had an absolutely awful month a while back when a different tablet was tried, (something beginning with "M"?) such dreadful nightmares that I just couldn't bear it.
If anyone has had experience of this new one and can advise, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you.
Good Morning Sunday 11th October 2026
Do You Have Any Strange Memories?
My daughter is lying about me and editing me out of her life.



) The only problems have been when he decided to stop taking it! I have now convinced him that that will have to be a long term project.
but could be different now.
]. Shelves looked neater when most things had to be dispensed in boxes though. Remember when Damien Hirst did a pharmacy as one of his 'works of art'? I just though, blimey, what's artistic about that 

