Gransnet forums

Health

Flowers of Bach

(29 Posts)
giulia Wed 18-Oct-17 07:29:37

I tend to have irritable bowel syndrome. I know the reasons are emotional and I know the problem that causes my stress will not disappear soon or ever. I didn't want to become a slave to the medicine my doctor subscribed so decided to try Flowers of Bach as I had read they can be helpful. At my chemist, I had to complete five pages of weird personal questions and from this they made up my "cure". It consists of four ingredients plus a drop of brandy(!). In less than a month I could truly feel the difference and came off my medicine with my doctor's approval. She simply wanted to know which were the ingredients but certainly didn't pooh pooh my alternative.
I order a bottle every month and it only costs me eight euros (I live in Europe, not UK).

paddyann Wed 18-Oct-17 23:12:18

I was diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis about 25 years ago,I had medication from my GP which did little to help,I got a great deal of help from a homeopath not just mediation but dieary advice .When I had my yearly checkup,colonoscopy,the doctor was surprised the signs of colitis had subsided and the enxt year they were gone.I have had no treatment now for over 20 years .My friend who also was diagnosed with it still struggles with medication that sometimes works but more often doesn't.I have used homeopathy for around 35 years for a variety of illnesses and always had good results .

MawBroon Thu 19-Oct-17 03:10:22

That is brilliant news paddyann - if only more UC sufferers shared your good fortune!

giulia Thu 19-Oct-17 04:17:44

Mawbroon: yes, had gastroscopy (iatal hernia) and recently had the full blood/ urine tests. My doctor looks after me well. I also drink kefir regularly, but started that after the Bach, as it is so rich in calcium.