Gransnet forums

Health

Kept awake by it

(9 Posts)
Glamdram Tue 24-Oct-17 01:52:53

Here I am at 01.50 am. Wearing a 24hour blood pressure monitor!!! H gone into spare room about an hour ago. I can't sleep!!! Just made myself an Aero Hot Choc.....yummy....and now on iPad ....wondering if any one on here has had one of these on. Blood pressure high.....was tested on a routine NHS check 6 weeks ago and all checks were fine except this!!!

harrigran Tue 24-Oct-17 08:45:31

Had this done twice, not a problem. Is it uncomfortable ? There is nothing in the procedure which should keep you awake.

Charleygirl Tue 24-Oct-17 10:02:26

I have never had a problem but I can sleep through most things.

Gagagran Tue 24-Oct-17 10:58:11

I have "white coat" syndrome so my GP agreed that I could take my BP at home on an approved machine (it's just like the ones they have in the surgery). I keep a chart and periodically give the surgery reception a printout for my file. It's always OK at home but sky high near a medic!

Bellanonna Tue 24-Oct-17 11:24:00

I’ve had it twice but can’t remember it keeping me awake. Another one tomorrow, incidentally. I’m being checked out for a long series of recurrent infections and an inordinate amount of lethargy. The tiredness is being called post viral syndrome but how long is it meant to last I wonder?

Fennel Tue 24-Oct-17 11:38:46

oh dear - are you sure you're not anaemic bellanonna?

Teetime Tue 24-Oct-17 14:35:45

DH had it several years ago and it kept him awake just by being there he was conscious of it and it got in the way of free movement.

Greenfinch Tue 24-Oct-17 15:26:14

I had to wear a PAD heart monitor for a month in July and then again in September. I hated wearing it at night.I tried wearing a bra to attach it to but found it very uncomfortable.My biggest problem was that it kept setting itself off without me touching it and I couldn't switch it off.Very embarrassing when shopping. I had to pretend it wasn't me !!Took it back and found that the battery was on the blink.

Bellanonna Tue 24-Oct-17 17:12:22

No Fennel the iron part of the blood test was okay.