Gransnet forums

Health

pinkish mark on white duvet after sex

(11 Posts)
mymadeupname Sat 06-Jan-18 23:35:10

Hello. I am nearly 61 and had a partial hysterectomy about 6 or 7 years ago due to heavy periods / flooding etc. I kept my ovaries and cervix.

Just this evening after sex I noticed a diffuse pinkish area on the duvet where I'd leaked where I was lying. Should I be worried? Thank you.

vampirequeen Sat 06-Jan-18 23:38:31

I don't think you should be worried but you do need to visit your GP for a check up. It's never wise to ignore blood.

mymadeupname Sat 06-Jan-18 23:43:01

Thank you, vampire. I avoid going to the doctor unless absolutely necessary but I suppose I suspected this was something that merited a GP visit, however reluctant I am.

vampirequeen Sat 06-Jan-18 23:54:15

It's always best to play safe in this situation.

Sixtylooming Sun 07-Jan-18 06:08:50

It may well be due to vaginal atrophy, where the vaginal tissues are more friable after the menopause and bleed more easily. Always best to see the GP and they can check your cervix and perform a smear if due/indicated.

Liz46 Sun 07-Jan-18 06:45:16

Vaginal atrophy seems the most likely cause and a trip to the GP could sort this out easily. However it happened to a friend of mine and she was investigated. To cut a long story short, it turned out the blood was from her husband who didn't know at the time that he had kidney problems.

Eglantine21 Sun 07-Jan-18 10:16:20

I'm with Liz here. You both need to get it checked out. Could as easily be him as you!

grannyticktock Sun 07-Jan-18 13:21:55

It could indeed by him rather than you. I don't intend to reveal personal experiences here, but the one-off use of a condom can help identify which of you it is. Then you can decide which of you might need further investigation.

paddyann Sun 07-Jan-18 15:35:50

just about to say that grannyticktock as it was the case with my OH and I .

mymadeupname Sun 07-Jan-18 17:57:24

Thank you everyone. I hadn't thought it might be him! No sign of anything amiss since so I'm not too worried but will get it checked out anyway.

Menopaws Sun 07-Jan-18 20:57:53

Is it yours or your partners? Sorry but that's an issue I have at the moment, I thought it was me but is him, he is on cancer treatment but they have said it has nothing to do with that so separate investigations needed. Be sure before you act, sorry brutal but honest