Gransnet forums

Health

CBD Oil (Cannabidoil)

(105 Posts)
Squiffy Sun 18-Mar-18 13:54:17

CBD Oil is obtained from cannabis, but has had the 'trippy' part removed and is perfectly legal!

Just wondering if anyone has tried this and whether they've had any benefit from it?

I have M.E. and I'm thinking of trying it to relieve some of the symptoms.

It's recently hit the headlines as being the universal panacea for all ills, but I've been reading up on it and it does actually sound as though it can be quite beneficial.

I realise that people's bodies react differently, but just thought it might be useful to get opinions from GNs who've actually tried it!

morissette Wed 29-Aug-18 08:10:49

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Victorjohn Sat 18-Aug-18 12:39:48

jacksparrow92 Sat 28-Jul-18 15:45:13

Squiffy Sun 15-Jul-18 20:52:52

Horses for courses Begentle! That's not very helpful of me, but it's trial and error. The usual advice is to start on a low % and increase as necessary.

Begentleimnewhere Sun 15-Jul-18 20:27:15

Thank you! That works smile

My next question ... are they strong enough?

Squiffy Sun 15-Jul-18 18:33:28

See if this works any better!

www.healthspan.co.uk/products/high-strength-cbd-oil-64mg?utm_source=healthspan&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=EFJYB11#/?pack%20size=30

Squiffy Sun 15-Jul-18 18:28:21

Begentle Sorry, only just seen your last post. I've just tried link again and it's coming up showing 30 x 192 mg capsules at £9.49 - that's half price! I've noticed that, for some reason, it doesn't actually say it's half price, but it is! Hope that helps smile

Begentleimnewhere Sun 15-Jul-18 13:17:30

Thanks Squiffy, followed the link but neither coming up as reduced ... strange!

Iam64 Sat 14-Jul-18 21:14:52

Has anyone tried this for dogs? I'm not wanting to detract from the attempts people are making to deal with chronic pain and other ill health by using it and avoiding the side effects that go with most pharmaceutical drugs
A friend used a spray with a highly anxious dog, in circumstances the dog was finding difficult - worked a treat evidently. Chilled out dog.

Squiffy Sat 14-Jul-18 20:27:32

Try this Begentle

www.healthspan.co.uk/products/high-strength-cbd-oil-64mg#/?pack%20size=30

Make sure that you click on the one that actually states it's reduced in price!

Begentleimnewhere Sat 14-Jul-18 18:53:14

I'm thinking of ordering some capsules, Squiffy I can't find the 50% off offer on Healthspan, could you post a link? Thanks flowers

Menopaws Fri 13-Jul-18 17:22:29

I definitely would

Squiffy Fri 13-Jul-18 16:36:34

At the moment Healthspan is offering CBD 50% off!

NannaM Mon 04-Jun-18 14:36:26

I'm in Canada, and MJ will be available from licensed retail outlets from sometime in August. However there are shops already open here and many people are using either the THC product or the CBD oil or tincture. There is even a mixture of both available. I made brownies with a baggie. Its a complicated procedure - heating the dried out bud, then simmering in butter, straining, and using the butter for the brownies. One 2cm square of brownie gives me a very deep, dreamless, uninterrupted sleep - 7 hours. But when this batch of brownies is finished I'm going to buy the CBD oil and try that. I wish there were research trials to look up. MJ is illegal, and doesn't have the big pharma bucks to finance proper clinical trials, which IMHO is a pity!

paddyann Mon 28-May-18 14:38:17

My daughter was given some "jelly teddy sweets" that have a stronger dose of CBD oil in them and she's finding they help.They dont take away her pain but she is much brighter and more positive about life since she started taking them .She has just bought a pack for herself £25 for 10 I think she said but she only needs one every 2 or 3 days .I'll get the name and supplier for you if you want it .

Squiffy Mon 28-May-18 13:00:06

Just a mini update!

Still using cbd oil from the Brothers! I still haven’t had any sinus problems or migraines smile, just one very mild headache.

Sleep is also much better, although my dreams are more vivid - not at all nightmare-ish though.

The oil isn’t unpleasant to take and, to be honest, I wouldn’t care anyway if it did the trick!

Anyone else got any updates?

Sparklefizz Sat 12-May-18 09:12:21

I am getting the capsules from CBD Brothers mentioned above.

Sparklefizz Sat 12-May-18 09:11:23

I wouldn't think the teabags are very strong silversurf. I am taking CBD oil capsules and 25mg. gives me a good night's sleep MissAdventure , plus back pain seems less. Also I seem to be very cheerful!! smile
My thanks to Squiffy for introducing this topic.

MissAdventure Fri 11-May-18 20:01:56

I think I might try some for my (lack of) sleep.
I haven't had a decent kip since about last July!
Also got so many aches and pains which add to the misery of being awake at all hours.

silversurf Fri 11-May-18 18:52:45

I have a lung disease and arthritis and lately am getting bad headaches due to the pain in my neck. Today my son bought me a packet of CBD teabags he saw in a vape shop.
Tried the first one today, tastes like infused grass (perhaps that is where the nickname comes from), but not unpleasant.
We shall see if it has any effect. Quite expensive at £12.99 for 20 bags.

Squiffy Fri 11-May-18 18:16:23

Nfk I've pm'd you as well! Something went wrong and you got two messages the same blush

NfkDumpling Fri 11-May-18 13:35:59

Thanks Squiffy. Been away for a few days and no wifi(!) so only just seen your post. Will investigate.

Squiffy Tue 08-May-18 13:52:45

Nfk You can request samples from CBD Brothers - you just pay p&p - and it's a generous sample!

NfkDumpling Sun 06-May-18 21:10:07

It sounds a minefield to find a good source. Not sure I can justify Healthspan’s price. Perhaps the drops work out more reasonable.

Squiffy Fri 04-May-18 10:59:22

Sparkle I’ve pm’d you back grin