Health

All done

(19 Posts)
Teetime Wed 04-Apr-18 16:44:42

Foot done at last?

Luckygirl Wed 04-Apr-18 16:46:37

It looks very elegant, if I may say so.

sodapop Wed 04-Apr-18 16:50:53

Oh the glamour ? what did you have done Teetime ?

Hope you have a good recovery. flowers

Anniebach Wed 04-Apr-18 16:57:55

Some would be content with a plaster ?

Hope it heals quickly x

NanaandGrampy Wed 04-Apr-18 17:07:48

Can I sign your bandage please?

get well soon !!

Auntieflo Wed 04-Apr-18 17:17:07

Oooh Teetime, hope it's not too sore, and that you heal quickly. Come back and tell us what you have had done.

Bathsheba Wed 04-Apr-18 22:13:10

Oh I bet you're glad it's all over (whatever it was you had done!). No golf for a while then - hope you have plenty of good books to read, films to watch while you're recovering.

Get well soon x

morethan2 Wed 04-Apr-18 22:18:38

How long will it be before the plaster comes off? Yep what did you have done? I’ve been having trouble with feet since last summer,lots of investigations. Bunions, arthritis, wear and tear and Morton’s neuromas. I hope your up n about soon.

Alima Thu 05-Apr-18 08:53:41

Hope you are healed very soon Teetime. (I expect the plaster hampers your swing?)

Teetime Thu 05-Apr-18 10:32:12

Thank you all its not a plaster just a mega bandage. The bones in my big toe according to the surgeon were as marshmallow (the worst he had seen for several years) so he has broken the toe and fixed it with as DH says a 6 inch nail (a pin) cut the tendons to my second toe which was at right angles to my foot and removed the second joint - took off the bunion for good measure. This is all to do with having Lupus which attacks connective tissue overlayed with OA. So its surprisingly painless just numb. I have wires sticking out of the toes which come out in 2 weeks with the stitches and then on crutches for 10-12 weeks so no golf this year. Anyway I am fine and I should have had it done a few years ago when I had the other foot done but nurses make terrible patients and I kept putting it off. Thank you for your kind wishes. xxx

MawBroon Thu 05-Apr-18 10:35:41

Ouchy!

I am sure you are glad that is over and hope your convalescence is not too frustrating.
Dare I ask if the other one will need doing in due course, or is that too depressing a thought at present?
flowers

MawBroon Thu 05-Apr-18 10:36:52

Oops sorry, just seen that the other was done (slapped wrist) but wishing you well anyway.

Willow500 Thu 05-Apr-18 11:27:28

I've two friends who have both had their bunions done (one twice!) so can sympathise. On the plus side one of them had beautifully painted toe nails all the time she was laid up smile

Hope it all goes well and you're soon up and hobbling about again soon!

Jalima1108 Thu 05-Apr-18 11:43:37

I had a toe straightened because it was growing sideways under the next one - and remember the wires sticking out of the end. Not as bad as having something done to the big toe, though, so I wish you well.

I was much younger then and remember hobbling back into work after two weeks because I was bored (probably shouldn't have done but they were very busy).
The relief when the pins were removed was wonderful!

Wishing you all the best
flowers

Teetime Tue 10-Apr-18 11:26:25

Just back from OPD and saw the foot for the first time. OMG so many stitches but all neat and clean - purple and yellow big swollen foot but no pain so that's all good. Hopefully stitches out next week. K wire in 4 weeks time (the thing that is ticking out of my second toe). Going to do fantasy shoe shopping on the interweb now. Thankyou for all your good wishes. smile

Greyduster Tue 10-Apr-18 11:41:11

Stick a heel on that, Teetime and, with N&Gs artwork, it could be all the rage next season! grin. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery!

Auntieflo Tue 10-Apr-18 12:01:27

Teetime, my toes are curling up in sympathy. But great that you are healing well and pain free.

wildswan16 Tue 10-Apr-18 12:12:39

teetime I'm worried that you wrote "(the thing that is ticking out of my second toe)"

Are you about to go off like an alarm, or cause a catastrophe?

Teetime Tue 10-Apr-18 16:34:02

I think it might be like the blue thing they put in a joint of beef to show you its done.