Gransnet forums

Health

High Cholesterol and diet

(30 Posts)
jeanie99 Thu 03-May-18 07:55:58

Does anyone successfully manage get their high cholesterol down with diet rather than taking statins?

morethan2 Thu 10-May-18 19:53:11

Can I ask do some statins have less side effects than others?

Niobe Thu 10-May-18 21:12:05

When I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes I was given a statin even though my cholesterol was 5.0 . I had no side effects at first but then started to lose my hair so was given a new statin and the hair loss continued so I refused to take them and my then GP accepted my decision. Then we moved house and my new GP suggested that I try a new one and rather than argue I said I would give it a shot. No hair loss. My point is it is worth persevering if you do get side effects. My cholesterol is around 3.5-3.7 now and no side effects.
My husband however gets severe muscle pains on every single statin available and has been approved for a new treatment he has to inject himself every 2 weeks so we will find out soon if his cholesterol is coming down and he has had no side effects so far.

jordanslinks Mon 09-Dec-19 03:58:03

Oxidized cholesterol strategy by Scott Davis is now considered as the most wanted and most life saving strategy ever known in this planet of earth. World wide heart attack and heart failure is the leading cause of death in recent century. Doctors and health professionals are not able to cure this disease permanently and leave the patient helplessly to face this cruel pain. Scot Davis understand the feeling of a normal person and become the founder of most awaited strategy “The oxidized cholesterol strategy “ .

makreviews.com/oxidized-cholesterol-strategy-reviews-scam/

Jane43 Mon 09-Dec-19 18:36:45

Yes my DH has managed to bring down his cholesterol level through diet. He has found oats very beneficial and has either porridge or muesli for breakfast every day. We also changed to oat milk which is very nice and we prefer it to soya or almond milk. we have changed to Benecol spread and the small bottles of cholesterol lowering drink every day as well. He also eats nuts every day and has smaller portions of cheese than he used to. He is very pleased that he has managed this as his doctor wanted to put him on statins which he was reluctant to take.