Gransnet forums

Health

The lurgy

(29 Posts)
mumofmadboys Sun 27-Jan-19 14:50:51

I have had it for 4weeks and a day. Nearly better but still coughing++ Hope you get well soon. At least I am retired.

Gagagran Sun 27-Jan-19 14:47:44

I am on day 8 of it Chewbacca - surprised noone's heard me coughing. Feel light headed and achey too and could fall asleep on a clothes line. The coughing gives me a headache and I am thoroughly fed up of it! It does sound like the bug you have got. Poor us!

megan123 Sun 27-Jan-19 14:18:00

I have had this thing since just after Christmas, and am just getting to the end of it now. I am on my last course of antibiotics, I have had a previous course before; the last test came back as positive and the infection was antibiotic resistant.

Mine started with a tight feeling in my chest, and then pain going through to the left shoulder blade. The cough was dreadful, but that has almost gone now. I had all the other symptoms you mention. I too am doing a sterling job keeping Tena going!

I have never had anything like it before, had colds obviously, but nothing like this and I had the flu jab (obviously the wrong strain!).

Hope you soon feel better.

Chewbacca Sun 27-Jan-19 14:07:11

Please can anyone tell me how much longer this will last? Started with, what I thought, was a simple cold 10 days ago. Gradually grew into a horrible hacking cough that leaves me light headed and dizzy; blocked sinuses; headache and aching limbs. I've never slept so much in all my life, apart from the coughing fits that disturb me and half of the neighbourhood.
Has anyone else had this and, if so, how long was it before you started to see any real improvement? I have to go back to work tomorrow and I'm dreading having a coughing fit there, due to a couple of embarrassing "episodes".