Gransnet forums

Health

Conguntavitas

(8 Posts)
Trollygirl Wed 13-Feb-19 18:58:26

Thankyou everyone for your help. Travalsafar theese are what the pharmacist recommended just started the course, fingers crossed.

travelsafar Wed 13-Feb-19 08:29:40

I had this at the weekend and was given some antibiotic eyedrops by my local pharmacy. Put them on every two hours for two days then four hourly for 3 days.Today is my last day of using and straight away these drops worked relieving the pricking feeling and the discharge. Made by Otrovine.

annodomini Tue 12-Feb-19 22:29:20

My granny used to soak cotton wool swabs in cold tea and apply them to sore eyes. Bacterial conjunctivitis will respond to antibiotics but viral conjunctivitis won't. If it's the latter, soothing remedies like cold tea will see you through.

BlueBelle Tue 12-Feb-19 22:19:42

Tea bags soothe the eyes and chloramphenicol drops keep them in the fridge Use separate flannels and towels as it’s very catching

Marydoll Tue 12-Feb-19 20:18:03

My grandadaughter had conjunctivitis last week, the pharmacist in Boots gave her antibiotic eye drops and we also bathed her eyes in a saline solution, as wildswan has suggested.
Unfortunately I got it too! ☹

wildswan16 Tue 12-Feb-19 20:01:24

If you are sure it is conjunctivitis, dissolve one teaspoon salt in 500ml boiled water, cool, swab eyes using separate wipes for each eye. Wipe from centre to outer corner.

Fennel Tue 12-Feb-19 19:09:00

Not old fashioned, but go and ask in Boots. They have a cream or drops which work.

Trollygirl Tue 12-Feb-19 18:42:48

Hi my fist time posting. Has any one have any hints tips old fashioned remedies for this complaint please.