Gransnet forums

Health

Autism - Blue room technology NHS treatment

(4 Posts)
Doodle Tue 19-Feb-19 20:01:37

I have just read an article in the paper today about a new treatment developed at Newcastle University to help autistic children with phobias and fears.
I mention this as one GN poster had a grandchild who was terrified of dogs and would run into the road if he saw one.
This new treatment has helped one such boy of 11 that he now has his own dog and is not afraid of others.
Anyone interested in the story can Google Blue room technology NHS treatment Newcastle University to get the story. (Sorry I’m not clever enough to link the article)
Please note this is NOT a sensory room this is for treatment.

fizzers Mon 03-Jun-19 19:33:29

oh I might have a look at this, one of my grandsons is on the spectrum and has various phobias and fears

BradfordLass72 Tue 04-Jun-19 03:54:45

By coincidence I too was reading about research on Autism yesterday.

Here's the link to an article about a new discovery.

www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2019-05/ru-rcg053019.php?fbclid=IwAR2XzWZwVeYxQ2RZClXCKtDRk_is--3swev_y0YuCc_OQygCkvSvmtyvL7c

Nandalot Wed 05-Jun-19 01:50:47

Thank you, Doodle, I have found and read an article about it now. I think it was probably the post about my DGS you were talking about. It sounds promising though I doubt he will benefit from it as we don’t live in that area and it will take time to roll out but it will be a big step forward for the future.