Gransnet forums

Health

Tear duct surgery

(3 Posts)
Jane43 Tue 07-May-19 22:11:37

My husband had it on one eye and experienced no problems. He did have a general anaesthetic and had to have a stent in for three weeks afterwards which was very uncomfortable, I don’t know if this is standard procedure or just something he had to have, it’s a while ago so I can't remember. It has improved the watering in that eye. He couldn't have It on the other eye as the duct was twisted and it could have resulted in more problems than benefits.

Floradora9 Tue 07-May-19 11:33:22

I saw a specailist and his advice was to avoid the operation at all costs. .he said it was very invasive and when he explained how it would work to most people they opt not to have it . I have a dry eye but am told it produces the wrong tears ( shades of British rail here ) so they run down my face . I am prone to eye infections because I touch it so much but just put up with it .

mimismo Tue 07-May-19 11:05:31

Has anyone had surgery for a blocked tear duct? It's been recommended to me by my opthalmologist as an alternative to spending my life 'crying'. I've looked on internet and it seems more invasive than I fancy. Can anyone out there tell me of their experience?