Gransnet forums

Health

Black dog gang 2..

(1001 Posts)
SparklyGrandma Sat 25-May-19 20:20:03

Hello everyone...

Nonnie Sun 26-May-19 17:00:11

Annie my comment was a general one, not addressed to anyone in particular. For us every day is pretty much the same so not much routine on any day. It must be hard if you have something to occupy yourself with 5 days a week but nothing on weekends or bank holidays.

Annie I saw that in my paper, apparently they didn't expect the results to be as good as they were. It seemed as if the benefits carried on long after using the machine. It would only cost about £70 for the NHS to hire one so a lot cheaper than CBT and meds. They said they wanted to trial it on more people with depression and insomnia, I would sign up if I knew how to! Hope for us all.

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 18:07:29

Which paper nonnie it could be on line

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 19:06:39

Found it for anyone interested

www.thesun.co.uk/news/1787634/nhs-to-try-using-army-technique-of-giving-mild-electric-shocks-to-treat-depression/

nanny2507 Sun 26-May-19 20:10:14

hello all. how is everyone?. I,m a bit meh another day at work for me today but i,m off tomorrow.

Marilla Sun 26-May-19 20:34:24

Nonnie, sorry I didn’t see your message. Thank you for taking the time to make some useful suggestions. I do appreciate you all in the Black Dog Gang.

Nonnie Sun 26-May-19 20:40:35

Annie, I don't read the Sun! Perhaps it's in several papers!

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 20:42:50

No idea nonnie I thought there may be an interest so googled, that came up.

Joce345 Sun 26-May-19 22:16:52

Evening all, Annie hope you are feeling well, not too much pain I hope.. they could wire me up for good it it stop me feeling like this 24/7 ..

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 22:24:59

Joce yes my dislocated knee hurts but no matter.

You sound in a bad place, depression, anxiety or both my love ?

We are here for you, x

Joce345 Sun 26-May-19 22:25:47

Just read the link Annie.. sounds interesting I would give that a go, think any one of us would. Wonder if you can buy them.
Has any one tried the health shop med, think it has a small does of cannabis in it, but not sure on that.. some one was telling my friend it’s really good for anxiety, would be interesting to know if any one knows of it or tried it..

Joce345 Sun 26-May-19 22:28:21

Yes think it’s just a bad few day Annie I do know you are always there, you are so caring Annie bless you.. x

Anniebach Sun 26-May-19 22:33:49

Joce dig deep and stay posting, I check regularly throughout the day and evening, not nosey, just making sure if anyone needs to talk

Sending a Welsh Cwtch , and we cwtch those who are troubled in a lovely Welsh blanket x

SparklyGrandma Mon 27-May-19 00:39:35

Joce345 I take CBD capsules for back spasms. They also help some with sleep or anxiety.

My pain is helped on them. They don’t have the active THC cannabis thing that makes people high, in them.

Thank you Annie diolch yn fawr, and a lovely catch back.

I had a lovely visit today from first cousin and partner, long lovely chats over tea. Big cwtch too!

Anniebach Mon 27-May-19 09:06:50

Good morning friends x

Sparkle diolch. Great to learn you had visitors yesterday

Nonnie Mon 27-May-19 10:21:30

If it is online Annie you have to pay for that paper after the beginning. We only have the Sunday version so read it in print.

My positives for today? It rained on my re-seeded lawn this morning and now the sun is shining. Great combination. Sorted summer clothes from winter now need to get the small step ladder to put winter ones on high shelf. I think whoever put in the fitted wardrobes was 7 ft tall! Too tired to think of anything else

Anniebach Mon 27-May-19 10:26:32

nonnie I have no idea what you are talking about, I don’t pay for any newspaper on line or from the newsagent .

I have explained ,I googled and the page I posted came up,
all I was concerned about was it could be read here.

Nonnie Mon 27-May-19 11:02:32

Annie I was answering your post asking me which paper!

Elvive Mon 27-May-19 12:17:48

Anybody at a loose end today, I recommend Summer of Rockets, box set, iplayer.

Nonnie Mon 27-May-19 12:45:02

Elvive I am and quite enjoying not having to do anything I don't want to do or talk to anyone at all! DH is out and I am on my own until about 8 pm. The only landline call I have had is from my phone provider telling me I am about to be cut off grin Spending the day with R4

Anniebach Mon 27-May-19 13:53:59

Hello all. X

Thinking of you and hoping you day is calm x

nanny2507 Mon 27-May-19 14:24:04

i have been out with dogs this morning. Just had a spot of lunch and catching up with 4 in a bed . I will, when i can be bothered, do housework before wanging a chicken in the oven

Anniebach Mon 27-May-19 15:05:20

Good you did your walk with the dogs nanny housework can wait, enjoy the chicken x

Joce345 Mon 27-May-19 17:22:23

Hi all hope you have all had a positive day...

Anniebach Mon 27-May-19 17:57:10

Hello Joce hope your day I see going ok

eilyann Mon 27-May-19 20:12:05

Hello all. Not been a good time lately so haven't posted but I do pop in and read and think of and pray for you all.
Annie I too googled the Alpha Stim and the nhs report of the trial on the 120 came up. It made it very clear that it has been proven to be at least as effective as meds without the side effects, but this trial is to see if it's cost effective for the NHS. You can buy them online for about £500..........hmm

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion