Gransnet forums

Health

Planctar Fascilitus

(13 Posts)
SalsaQueen Thu 05-Sep-19 20:26:21

Plantar Fasciitis can be incredibly painful. I used to wear trainers, just cheap ones, but ones with a decent sole and support.

I ended up having steroid injections, after trying every other treatment. The injections made a huge difference.

Ailsa43 Thu 05-Sep-19 02:33:01

Sketchers completely..as long as you buy with the memory sole. I was in absolute agony after getting PF having stood all day at work for many years and in the end I couldn't stand for more than 5 minutes without being in agony. I tried different insoles, exercises , arch supports, heel supports, tight socks that are supposed to take the pressure off, and nothing worked. I was at the end of my tether and ready to give up work because of the utter agonizing pain, and then, I discovered sketchers and have never looked back. I don't even wear bare feet in the house any more, I always wear the sketchers, the absolute difference when I put on a normal pair of shoes or boots is phenomenal, I can only walk for about 15 minutes and my feet hurt, with the sketchers I walk for miles.

I do find tho' that they tend to come up a little large, so I always have to get a size down , so it's imperative you go to a sketchers store , and try them on rather than buy online.

I'm sure you won't regret it, they are like surgery for the feet.. they just take the pain of PF away!!

dahlia Wed 04-Sep-19 19:37:21

Many of us in our walking group have suffered from P.F., and it is truly very painful and limiting. I was surprised to read an article in "The Times" last week that recommended never going around in bare feet, but always to wear a shoe with some kind of heel and not completely flat. I took about six months to fully get over my bout, but had I knownthe bit about bare feet, I might have been better quicker - as I usually have bare feet around the house. Lots of helpful hints on Gransnet - as usual!

Bopeep14 Wed 04-Sep-19 08:59:18

Sketchers made mine much worse, the only relief I get is wearing orthopaedic toe post flip flops that I bought off a well known internet site.

I wear them all year round unless the weather is awful, then I have a pair of boots with orthopaedic insoles in.

I have been a sufferer for over 4 years and do my exercises everyday. I have been told it’s a self limiting problem, so I am always waiting for it to miraculously get better.

shysal Wed 04-Sep-19 08:52:16

Another Skechers fan here. I couldn't walk in any other shoes when I had PF, and have stuck with them ever since. I hope you soon find some relief.

BradfordLass72 Wed 04-Sep-19 03:24:45

You can also get insoles which take pressure off the heel, to fit into regular shoes.

Dr Scholl do one but you may find cheaper.

Nannytopsy Wed 04-Sep-19 03:10:23

Hotters were recommend my podiatrist as giving good support, particularly the lace up types.

Jillybird Wed 04-Sep-19 00:40:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gonegirl Fri 02-Aug-19 19:56:23

Fitflops with laces are good.

silverlining48 Fri 02-Aug-19 19:13:24

Any trainer type shoes should work. Insoles too if there is room. Mine were from Aldi. PF is painful. Do the exercises, they help. It will go, but may take a time.

Kupari45 Fri 02-Aug-19 17:36:46

Hi Peonyrose.
Like gillybob, I have found the only shoes that helped me are SKETCHERS. Hope this will not come across as advertising. I have spent quite a lot on fancy insoles and heel supports - but nothing helped. Even had a pair made to measure through NHS. Friend told me about SKETCHERS. you'll need to try a few styles until you find a pair that give you support.

gillybob Fri 02-Aug-19 08:11:33

I am a fellow sufferer Peonyrose and find that Sketchers shoes and sandals help me a lot. Many of them have a memory foam sole and a built up arch which gives me a lot of relief. Much better than the various “supports” I have wasted money on . You would need to call into a store to try some though. Good luck .

Peonyrose Fri 02-Aug-19 08:03:11

I have posted this question on Style and Beauty as I wasn't sure which one was suitable. I am looking for walking shoes that offer arch support for the pain of Planctar Fascilitus I l looked for suggestions on line but they were obscure brands and I don't want to buy without . Thankyou