Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Doodle Mon 26-Aug-19 20:59:52

nonnie I try and fail too. I wish my faith was stronger.

Oh annie you sound like me. Some days I am so strong but then I start to have a wobble again. Good job the Lord is with us whatever, yesterday, today and tomorrow, always there x

Anniebach Mon 26-Aug-19 21:54:30

nonnie if muscle wastage starts after a week mine are very weak after nearly two years of not going out walking. My legs
wobble when I stand to make a mug of tea.

Doodle do you use ‘The Jesus Pray’ ? I use it as an arrow prayer and when in prayer.

Very disappointed, younger granddaughter didn’t come today , she will come tomorrow, she has an apartment viewing in Cardiff, I hope they get this one.

I have an eye stye , painful.

Doodle Mon 26-Aug-19 22:23:10

annie sorry your DGD couldn’t make it today, hopefully tomorrow.
Yes annie also I pray the “Do not be anxious about anything” prayer and start each day with the Lord’s Prayer and Thank you for this day and the promise of your presence with me.
Sleep well all. God watch over you x

Anniebach Mon 26-Aug-19 22:24:46

You too Doodle

Anniebach Tue 27-Aug-19 21:12:01

Hi all x

Hope the day went well for all.

I have a very swollen eye , scratched the lower lid, !

Had phone call from physio dept, have appointment tomorrow at home to assess my needs.

Anniebach Tue 27-Aug-19 21:13:16

And best part of the day? Younger granddaughter came ?

Joce345 Tue 27-Aug-19 21:40:30

Hi all..
Annie so pleased your granddaughter came sure she cheered you up.. styles are very painful you have my sympathy, Annie and they make me feel ill as well don’t know about you hope you are alright with it ...
simple words mean so much, they can make a world of difference...
night all sleep well

Joce345 Tue 27-Aug-19 21:41:14

Stye

Doodle Tue 27-Aug-19 21:49:24

Good news on two counts annie ?

Nonnie Wed 28-Aug-19 12:09:04

Mixed news annie

I am a very poor Christian, constantly failing but I do pray for you all.

Very tired again today.

Anniebach Wed 28-Aug-19 12:18:43

Hi all x

Joce not a stye, I scratched my lower eyelid and have an infection.

nonnie there has only been one perfect Christian x

I am apprehensive about the appointment today, fingers crossed it will be helpful.

How about us posting one positive thing every day ? Even on troubled days ?

Dawn22 Wed 28-Aug-19 14:41:45

A nice little prayer and l think it is said with children-

God our father l come to say Thank you for your love today. Thank you for my family And all the things you give to me. Guard me in the dark of night and in the morning send your light.

It all helps.
Take care. Dawn

Dawn22 Wed 28-Aug-19 14:48:58

Thank you Doodle. I looked up that Do not be anxious about anything prayer and as you say it covers much and goes to the heart of the matter.
It all helps even just to say it.
Dawn x

Joce345 Wed 28-Aug-19 17:50:05

I kissed my DH this morning he was making our cup of tea, now that’s a positive, his face was a picture haha, I don’t usually speak till I have been up 2hours
Hope every one has had a good day..
how did you get on today Annie hope all went well for you..

Nonnie Thu 29-Aug-19 10:04:36

annie I have been posting positives for a long time but some days can't think of any. I very actively look for them all the time because common sense says it will help but then it doesn't! Thought I had one yesterday, called DH to come and look at a beautiful butterfly on the windowsill. He came and told me he had already seen it and that it was dead. Made me so sad.

How was your appointment annie?

Joce345 Thu 29-Aug-19 17:16:26

Annie hope you are ok and it wasn’t too bad yesterday for you ?

SalsaQueen Thu 29-Aug-19 20:42:48

Annie How did it go with the Physio assessment? Glad you saw your granddaughter. Have you got some ointment for your eye?

Nanny How is the new cat settling in?

I'm feeling a bit more settled in my new job (though I certainly don't think I will be there until I retire in 6 years). My bladder is still a problem, so I'm going to ring the GP again tomorrow and see if I can be referred to a Urologist. Apart from that, it was a good day today.

Anniebach Thu 29-Aug-19 22:22:46

Hi all x

nonnieyes you do post positives so I suggested we all do the same . Sorry about the butterfly x

Joce hope your husband was pleased with your positive ?x

Salsa it’s good you are settling in your new job, another may come along which will exactly what you would like more x

Didn’t nanny say she had her granddaughter staying this week ?

My assessment yesterday was a great disappointment, felt down in the dumps after it.

Had therapy this morning followed by an appointment with a chap from MIND.

So tired slept hour and half this afternoon. Can’t get anything
to treat my eye, pharmacist said I have to see an optician or a
GP , can’t expect a house visit for an eyelid infection. Will continue bathing it.
Elder granddaughter faced timed this evening, they are moving from Cornwall next weekend. She has to come up Wednesday evening for an interview in Cardiff Thursday.

My positive? 28 July I ordered and paid the council for a garden wheelie bin, delivery in 8 days, after many phone calls
it arrived yesterday ! A month .

Dawn22 Thu 29-Aug-19 22:44:42

Hi Annie
I have great success for anything to do with an eyelid infection by using a cold tea bag gently but firmly if you know what I mean pressed into the eye. I can promise you that it will do no harm and if nothing else will soothe the whole area and it is the best cure of all for a sty and any other infection. It is an old and entirely natural cure. Teabag may leave a little stain on the skin but with warm wet cotton wool it will gently come off.
It is so soothing Annie but it is very understandable that you might rather leave it as it is until seen by somebody.
I understand how bothersome these things are.
Dawn xx

Doodle Thu 29-Aug-19 23:19:49

annie sorry your assessment was a let down. Are they not going to give you any help.
I may not have mentioned it before but I do find you have a lovely way of saying things that get to the heart of things. Your comment above about there only being one perfect Christian is so true. We can only try our best.
Hope the eye infection improves.
Sleep well all x

Joce345 Fri 30-Aug-19 16:01:32

Hope you are all well..

Annie sorry you were so let down.. I agree with Dawn Annie tea bags are good and soothing..

my positive for today, I have done some work on my dolls house that’s needed doing for a long time ?

SalsaQueen Fri 30-Aug-19 16:43:06

Annie aren't the Physio department going to help? I hope your eye is a bit better than it was. Have you got some ointment or drops?

Work is going on alright - I've been getting to know more people, so that's been good. The HR department, though, has got my surname wrong, so I haven't been able to get onto the laptop grin. So long as the wages department has got it right.....

Joce345 Fri 30-Aug-19 22:45:31

Night all hope everyone has a good nights rest... ?

Dawn22 Sat 31-Aug-19 08:47:10

I came across this quote and l thought it was a good one.

"Accept that you may feel sad about certain things so that you won't feel depressed about everything. "

In other words if we just try and accept the things that we are sad about and try then and find true joy in the things that we like and make us happy.

Dawn x

Nonnie Sat 31-Aug-19 11:08:48

Salsa don't hold your breath, HR gives the info to payroll!!! Glad it is improving. It is always easier to get a job when you are already in one so you can take you time to find the right thing.

Annie my positive is that your GD will soon be near you.

Dawn a good quote. I have to remind myself that now I do feel things, when I was much more ill I felt nothing at all, good or bad. My consultant said that if I won the lottery it would have no effect on me at all. Sad to say my sister died while I was in hospital and I wasn't even well enough to go to her funeral. At least I have improved from that black time.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion