Gransnet forums

Health

Black Dog Gang 4

(1001 Posts)
Anniebach Mon 19-Aug-19 21:46:12

Hi, new thread x

Anniebach Sun 12-Jan-20 19:46:31

Missed you all.

I don’t ironing , one thing in favour of living alone .

Joce345 Sun 12-Jan-20 21:47:50

Aww I wish I didn’t do ironing.. it’s one of my things I just can’t not do it, I have got better I don’t do socks now errr

Namsnanny Mon 13-Jan-20 02:16:26

Nice to see (?) you Anniebach Glad you liked the Snowdrop, they are a sign of hope as you pointed out.

No ironing here either. I did it for a living for a while so I'm quite happy to find ways not to now!

Joce345 … well done trying to find the strength to walk, that's a step in the right direction though isn't it? smile [pun intended] as for not ironing the socks, that's good news too!

Doodle hope your enjoyed a peaceful day, sounds relaxed.

bluesky … So sorry to hear about your relatives. Things do seem to be piling up for you at the moment.
I can empathise with how you feel, that there is no end to this.
I cant say you will get over this soon, but if you can post or write something regularly, that could be a good start.

Your name is an inspiration. Take heart in the fact that you chose it. That shows you have hope and belief in yourself.
You are still there, underneath the sadness.
Like a spring bulb waiting for the sun to shine.

Good advice Doodle… hope you're doing ok?

Flutterby ….I hope you are managing to keep your chin up?

rafichagran … how are you? Wishing you well.

BlueSky Mon 13-Jan-20 08:51:45

Good morning all and thanks Namsnanny really touched by your kindness! Hope everybody has a bearable day brew

Namsnanny Mon 13-Jan-20 17:06:00

Thinking of you all and hoping your ok Anniebach ?

rafichagran Mon 13-Jan-20 18:17:32

Thankyou for asking namsnannyI feel low at the moment but am managing to go into work. I have a GP appointment this coming week
Hope you and others on this supportive site are feeling better.

Anniebach Mon 13-Jan-20 18:51:05

Hi all x

BlueSky you are grieving, grief doesn’t only come with the death of a loved one but parting with friends , do keep sharing
with us x

rafichagran , glad you are seeing your GP and going into
work proves you are willing to fight ‘the Black Dog*, it is
hard . For being brave and coping with going to work - ? x

Namsnanny I was down this morning, my younger granddaughter couldn’t visit, she is the only one who calls
to see me, not seen her for 3 weeks but she has exams.

Some things have to be accepted.

Namsnanny Mon 13-Jan-20 19:10:34

Yes Annibach you're right they do, for our own sake. But that doesn't mean they don't hurt!
What a shame she couldn't make it.
Your patience and acceptance of her situation will be rewarded I'm sure. She will love you all the more for it.

I hope she will be able to visit soon. Wishing her luck in the exams.

rafichagran Mon 13-Jan-20 19:20:07

Thanks Annie, I know it is hard, but your Grandaughter has exams and as you said you accept that. I suspect though she would rather be seeing you.

Anniebach Mon 13-Jan-20 19:33:26

Thank you. She will come as soon as she can, she lives 50 miles away, is at university and has a part time job. I love the three of them, she was only 9 when her mother became so
very ill so we have a special bond.

Doodle Mon 13-Jan-20 20:31:48

Evening all. Oh I sound like Dixon of Dock Green ?. Anyone remember that? I often wish we could have back some of the old TV classics.
Went for a walk in the sunshine today. Half way the rain started spitting down. By the time we got home we were quite wet and cold. Going out tomorrow to buy some waterproof shoes. My old pair have started leaking. I e had them a while.
How is everyone today?
flutterby I keep thinking of you. This week was going to be worrying for you. Hope it goes ok
I’m sure your GD will be along to see you as soon as she can annie. Hope her exams go well.
Take care all x

BlueSky Mon 13-Jan-20 23:43:48

Thanks Annie such kindness and understanding. Goodnight all.

Joce345 Tue 14-Jan-20 08:59:57

Morning all..
Annie i am sure your granddaughter is missing you as well, sure she will call as soon has she can...
flutterbyl my thought and prayers are with you..
bluesky hope you are feeling somewhat better..
Hope every one has a peaceful day, keep smiling ??

Anniebach Tue 14-Jan-20 18:38:22

Hi all x

How is everyone?

Have storm here in Mid Wales, internet keeps going off , grrrr

Joce345 Tue 14-Jan-20 18:51:25

Hi Annie is bad hear as well... x

BlueSky Tue 14-Jan-20 19:38:39

Hi Annie and Joce, weather is certainly not helping us at the moment. Good night all.

Flutterby1 Tue 14-Jan-20 20:51:42

To all you wonderful friends . I managed to do the thing I was so worried about. At times I thought I would not be able but you know what I did (with encouragement!) and I am so glad I did. Yes there were a few tears but I think it helped the person I was supporting.
Thank you again all for your caring.
Annie your granddaughter loves you (who would’nt)
That special bond you have with her will always be there. She is having a busy time and that will happen as she goes through her studies. I am sure she will visit you soon.
It’s sometimes hard when the youngsters start growing up and they have other things to do. I am sure we all were the same (I know I was). At least you are her loving gran and you support and understand. She will visit soon. Look forward to that.
Namsnanny lovely words on your posts.
Love to all xx

Joce345 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:50:30

I am tired tonight been busy, made all my grandkids a book pillow, finished the last one tonight. Really pleased with them kept me busy and mind occupied needed it... hope every one has a good nights rest, sleep well night all..

Doodle Tue 14-Jan-20 22:16:13

joce you had me thinking there. A pillow with a story in it ?. Couldn’t think how that would work. Then I realised what you meant. A pillow thingy to rest a book on. I have one for my iPad too. Very useful.
flutterby I am so pleased for you. To have finally got done something you were worried about and it went ok. Must be such a relief. ?
annie I hope you are ok. It’s been really wet here today. Cold and blustery.
Hope everyone else is ok.
Sleep well my friends x

Joce345 Tue 14-Jan-20 23:01:23

Doodle no it’s a pillow with a pocket for your book and a handle to carry it with, then you can rest your head on your pillow when you read you book, I will let you know what the grandkids make of them haha x

Namsnanny Wed 15-Jan-20 00:54:08

Peaceful night everyone moon

Anniebach Wed 15-Jan-20 14:13:21

Hi all x

Flutterby. So happy to learn you coped with something which was causing you anxiety, you faced it ?

Doodle Wed 15-Jan-20 15:02:18

Ah I see joce. Not what I was thinking at all. I am sure they will love a personal gift ?
Hello annie and all. I have got the jitters today along with the old rumbling tummy. Hope it all calms down soon.

Anniebach Wed 15-Jan-20 16:38:18

Doodle I am sorry, no light on your worries yet ?

Doodle Wed 15-Jan-20 16:53:12

Hi annie bit up and down really. Still waiting for MHT to see him (was supposed to be about 6 months ago). He’s just very down on himself at the moment. Wish I could wave a magic wand. You, more than any, will know how it feels.
Hope you are ok x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion