Gransnet forums

Health

Well done N.H.S.

(30 Posts)
gallusquine Wed 09-Oct-19 14:36:01

19th Sept GP appointment, referral to Radiology Dept at my local NHS Hospital needed.
30th Sept letter arrives asking me to phone Radiology Dept to make appointment.
9th Oct. (today) Ultra Scan appointment this morning.
20 days from start to finish
I’m very happy with every aspect of the service I received and very grateful that I have the NHS to call on when needed.

Oldandverygrey Thu 10-Oct-19 13:29:13

Wheniwasyourage - I hope your husband continues to improve, mine talks about Brexit all day so he is definitely on the mend!

Wheniwasyourage Thu 10-Oct-19 14:24:57

Thank you, Oldandverygrey. He is being a remarkably good patient and doing (mostly) what he's told so as to make good progress without trying to go too fast! We're not spending too much time on Brexit in case his blood pressure goes up...

Best wishes to you and your husband flowers

NotSpaghetti Fri 11-Oct-19 12:17:30

Update gillybob - I have a appointment!!! At the wrong hospital (again), with the very consultant I particularly did not want to see!
Another week wasted.
More phone calls.
More admin.

Should not have been simpler really as I had given all the details of who I wanted my referral to go to in writing to my GP.
Unfortunately the admin team sent the request elsewhere...

Rivernana Fri 11-Oct-19 20:27:46

Have had issues with diagnosis and treatment for two members of my family. Excuses always being lack of funding and resources. Thankfully now both have recovered. Please see my petition to save NHS funds and sign and share if you agree. Here is the link
chng.it/PDLCHdQM