Gransnet forums

Health

Today at the doctor's ...

(57 Posts)
jura2 Fri 29-Nov-19 12:39:59

I asked her how SHE was - and she was quite moved. Should do it more often with all care people.

Callistemon Sat 30-Nov-19 20:18:11

I am allocated a GP but it is hit and miss if we see our GP

We have to wait 5-6 weeks to see any GP if it is non-urgent.

Candelle Sat 30-Nov-19 20:32:45

Nothatoldyet9, I am pleased that I am not you! Apart from the fact that yes, of course doctors are paid (although if you were to average out a conscientious GP's salary including all the extra hours of work, including many evenings and weekends, it amounts to little more than the average wage), I am taken aback by your general sour attitude.

Perhaps you may be unwell at the moment or have had a recent bad experience but surely everyone is worthy of a polite enquiry as to their well-being?

It costs nothing, takes but a moment and can help make the wheels of society go round.

Try being interested in others and it may pay dividends for you.

EllaKeat, what rotten luck for you. I hope your treatment goes well. Sending hugs.

Maremia Sat 30-Nov-19 20:49:53

EllaKeat, sorry to hear your news. Hope you get the very best of care, and good healing wishes to you.

eebeew Sun 01-Dec-19 07:46:17

In NZ we are very fortunate in that we can get an appt. the same day or a few days if it’s not urgent, at least in my experience. You get 15 mins officially but often longer. But it costs £40. Maybe that’s why it’s not so booked out! I never thought of asking how they are.

Greeneyedgirl Sun 01-Dec-19 11:42:53

Goodness shock BlueSky what did you say to her?

BlueSky Sun 01-Dec-19 12:26:43

Greeneyedgirl I didn't say anything apart from good afternoon....I even became a bit concerned as she was giving me the results of some tests...confused