Gransnet forums

Health

High functioning autism and medication

(30 Posts)
Doodle Fri 27-Dec-19 20:19:13

Does anyone have a high functioning autistic child or grandchild on antidepressants and has it helped or made any difference?

Doodle Sun 29-Dec-19 21:34:34

Yes mine too lemon so lovely. This year has been really bad. The school have let him down a lot which is why I am hoping he will gets some medication to lift his spirits a bit. He feels bad about himself because that’s how others make him feel. I love him to bits.

lemongrove Sun 29-Dec-19 21:38:03

I understand completely, and I feel very protective of my DGS too.

Greenfinch Sun 29-Dec-19 22:30:29

Me too. Mine is so caring of his younger cousins and is always making biscuits to take to the old lady round the corner. She loves him. It is very difficult for him because he has a twin sister who has a wide circle of friends and is always going out or having sleepovers.Her tolerant and outgoing personality is I believe a result of her caring and concern for her brother. Sorry I have gone a bit off thread which is about medication. I do hope you find something that helps Doddle.

Doodle Mon 30-Dec-19 15:03:43

Thanks greenfinch. It must be very hard to have twins where one has friends and the other doesn’t. Hard for all the family I would think. Good job they all seem to have loving grannies.