Gransnet forums

Health

Advice please DH has vertigo

(30 Posts)
annep1 Mon 13-Jan-20 12:35:05

Doctor came Sunday morning. Husband had been awake hours vomiting and dizzy- room spinning. He said there was inflammation in one ear. Took pills all day, still nauseous but not sick so often. Hardly eating. Drinking water.
He takes about 15 mins to settle the spinning enough to sit up to eat/drink and is just lying sleeping. Can't even listen to radio. Just about makes it to bathroom. Is this how it is with vertigo? I'm just worried. He's never had anything like this.

annep1 Wed 15-Jan-20 17:31:38

I think quite a shock is an understatement Suedonim . That all sounds horrendous.
My hairdresser's mother had to have an operation to help hers.
It seems my husband has got off very lightly.

clementine Wed 15-Jan-20 20:10:27

There is a special manoeuvre that can be done, I think someone mentioned it on one of the earlier posts . If you put it into google with your location they will give you a list of practitioners that do it. It's very successful . Worth knowing should it reoccur. It's a horrible thing and can take a while to recover from .

annep1 Thu 16-Jan-20 09:47:41

Thanks Clementine.

ForestsLakesandMountains Fri 17-Jan-20 09:37:50

taking medication from GP and waiting about 3 months for it to subside completely - cutting out alcohol and drinking 2litres water a day has brought about a massive improvement