Gransnet forums

Health

Sailed through menopause

(105 Posts)
annsixty Fri 17-Jan-20 13:21:57

I thought my new life had just started, I was so relieved and happy.

Eglantine21 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:16:34

Oh the doctor gave me a helpful video that began “ Do not think that the menopause means that your life is over. There are still many things you can enjoy.......”?

Eglantine21 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:14:37

I had an early menopause in my forties when I was very busy with teenage children traumas, a full time breadwinner job, a very ill husband, parental death and illness.

I didn’t even notice until I had to pack a bag to go away, thought about whether to take Tampax and then thought”When was the last time....?”

Months before. That was that.

Dee1012 Fri 17-Jan-20 13:06:27

I had no problems/symptoms at all.
In fact, I can recall a conversation with a GP in my local practice who was quite insistent that I'd experienced something!
My periods had always been heavy but my last one was worse than normal, no change in length etc. I did think if that continued, a trip to the GP would be needed.....then nothing at all, it just stopped.
I was 46.

grannymy Fri 17-Jan-20 12:17:55

Often when reading posts about women who have had a hellish time going through their menopause it makes me feel exceptionally lucky. I don't believe I had any symptoms whatsoever. I also received a partial hysterectomy because I had a cyst on an ovary and was warned that afterwards I might need to take HRT. I had no need to as I didn't feel any different. Anyone else like me and had no symptoms?