Gransnet forums

Health

Do you worry about your grandchildren?

(29 Posts)
Chewbacca Thu 06-Feb-20 13:43:00

Indeed I do. Like tanith I worry about my DS, DIL and GC. I spend a lot of my time and money doing all I can to make things a little bit easier for them because I know how difficult things are for them no matter how hard they work.

Grammaretto Thu 06-Feb-20 13:34:12

I'm with tanith. Ofcourse I worry and get anxious but then I remember to be a Stoic. Change what you can change and let go of what you can't.

tanith Thu 06-Feb-20 13:12:56

I worry about all my DC the DGC and DGGC everyone of them. I’ve been through all the stages you mention but I don’t dwell on it, it’s just always there in the back of my mind. I’m sure most Grandparents worry about their family members.
You can’t change things and you can’t help worrying of course but do try to not let it affect you so.

BlueSky Thu 06-Feb-20 12:43:20

Do you worry about your DGC when they are babies and toddlers? When they are of school age? What about when they are young adults? I've always worried, first it's illnesses, then maybe walking to school on their own or being bullied, and when they are finally grown up do you worry about them being out late, driving, going to Uni or perhaps on a gap year? I thought it would get better as they got older in fact the cause of worry changes but the worry is still there. Just wonder whether this happens to all grandparents or it's just my anxiety and catastrophising again.