Gransnet forums

Health

Dentures at 50 years old!!

(33 Posts)
FlexibleFriend Wed 12-Feb-20 12:05:11

I don't think losing your hair and needing specs is the same thing at all. Personally I'd be saving hard or taking out a loan to get implants one your mouth has settled down after the extractions. I'd be horrified at 65 let alone 50. Yes you can feel if someone is wearing dentures when kissing.

Hetty58 Wed 12-Feb-20 08:23:52

One of my sons is quite upset that he's rapidly losing his hair (he's 39) and he now needs glasses for driving.

Nobody else is concerned, his girlfriend doesn't mind - just thinks that his ridiculous overreaction is daft. He won't take his hat off, even in my house!

So, don't let the dentures bother you. Lots of people have them. The only potential problem is if you let them cause a loss of confidence.

Sparkling Wed 12-Feb-20 08:04:29

Drew, sorry that prescriptive text distorted the first paragraph, I did read it through, it was fine, press send and it
changes, hope you understood though.

travelsafar Wed 12-Feb-20 07:59:22

Hang on to those teeth for as long as you can is my advice!!!!

Sparkling Wed 12-Feb-20 07:50:59

Drew I am sorry you have you have full dentures, they will take getting used to!know. I am older than you and can my mother and father both liking all their,teeth in their ear neverly forties you would never have known, it was common then. Dentures have advanced do much since then, no one will know you have them. Any lady you meet and you get along with will not know until you tell her, what's more if she's for you won't care.
Good luck it will be worth it.

Drew Wed 12-Feb-20 04:48:45

Hi yes its my first post

BlueBelle Wed 12-Feb-20 04:02:17

Is this your first post Drew ?
We had another man ask this a while back maybe someone can find the link for you

Drew Wed 12-Feb-20 03:38:18

Hi I hope you don't mind a guy posting on your amazing forum site.
Im soon to have a full set of NHS dentures due to losing my teeth to infection. I'm distraught as you can imagine. I'm a young at heart fella and ride with the times but now as i became unexpectedly single, I'm scared to meet new people. God forbid me ever been able to Romantically kiss some lady. What if she can feel them if our kissing becomes more involved. What if she feels the plastic pallet?? Help me please! Xx