Gransnet forums

Health

Holiday cancelation quandery

(29 Posts)
Bbarb Thu 12-Mar-20 13:57:03

I am seriously considering cancelling my holiday which we should be taking in 2 week's time.
We will not get a refund or even a partial refund. This is really sad beause I've been saving up for it over several years - and at my age (81) am unlikely to be able to save enough for another holiday before I become too frail to travel (or die).
Should I be irresponsible and take my holiday regardless?

Tangerine Thu 12-Mar-20 21:56:09

If you're going in two weeks, you haven't got much more time to make up your mind but I think you could leave the decision until a bit later. Your tour company might cancel the holiday and you would then be refunded.

clementine Thu 12-Mar-20 22:00:51

You have nothing to loose by holding on to the last moment, and in fact may get a refund. I wouldn't make any decisions just yet. We are booked for Spain in May and will be going unless there are no flights .

Fiachna50 Fri 13-Mar-20 01:16:11

Before anybody cancels any holiday, go and look at the Foreign Office website. They have information for each country. One piece of advice, if the Foreign Office advises against travel, but you go anyway, your travel insurance company will not accept a claim if anything goes wrong.