Gransnet forums

Health

If you are over 70

(84 Posts)
craftyone Sat 14-Mar-20 20:55:36

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1255370/coronavirus-uk-elderly-boris-johnson-robert-peston-covid-19-coronavirus-latest-news

I wonder if this will happen. 4 months, crikey

kaycee Mon 16-Mar-20 15:07:01

I saw this on the internet. I have also posted it on another thread, there seems to be so many about the virus. Pass it on if you feel it helpful.
covidmutualaid.org/local-groups/
Might be useful for those who are isolating.

12Michael Mon 16-Mar-20 15:19:39

I live in a retirement home with myself 71, but others are older than myself as well.
I will ignore the ban , unless you experience the virus then you have to.
Also looking at the systems diagram it looks no dissimilar to mild heart attack , chest pains etc.
I am on prescribed medication like many ,and some of those medications may cover those areas as they show maybe one product like dispersible aspirin may help
Mick

craftyone Mon 16-Mar-20 15:23:02

another very satisfying day and completely isolated. I put a note to leave parcels on the front door and the parcels were left for me. Tbh I am liking this, two benches oiled, one planter painted with hammerite and all garden prepped for the slug nematodes that I am expecting tomorrow. My meal is prepped, all veg and a bit of salmon. I am lucky in liking my own company

Franbern Mon 16-Mar-20 16:41:56

Well, I have also had a good day with so much sunshine. Went to supermarket this morning, waiting now for bathroom company man to come to finalise details with me about replacing mine in about four weeks time. Have arranged for rep to come to quote for pressure cleaning my balcony patio. Had phone call from dentist confirming my appointment (for tooth removal) will go ahead tomorrow.
I am being careful, but not paranoid.
Heigh, almost forgot, managed to get really good quote for next years car insurance

Tweedle24 Mon 16-Mar-20 18:04:03

This has motivated me to paint my porch walls and fit new skirting boards in there and add a shelf for plants. I started this morning by fitting a new cat flap. Anthony Cat has learned to open the old one while it was locked.

After the porch I plan to reorganise the craft room and sew up the fabrics that have been waiting impatiently. Then there is the garden..........oh, and the knitting and unread books.....

merlotgran Mon 16-Mar-20 18:58:00

How do you ignore the ban if you live in a retirement home, 12Michael?

Will they not put restrictions in place to safeguard other residents?

Grandmama Mon 16-Mar-20 19:15:12

I like my own company (and DH's too!) but 4 months isolation worries me. I'm early 70s, no health issues at all, well within my weight range, not taking medication. I walk every day, do not always take the bus. Probably covered just over 5 miles one day last week. If I can't have my daily exercise it will cause stress and after 4 months of not walking distances as opposed to pottering in the garden, my walking ability may decline. I'm probably more healthy than many of the younger generation.

Motherofmany Mon 16-Mar-20 21:19:15

sodapop thankyou! Have just made the decision to isolate our lot. The 2 "ladies" with Down Syndrome are not impressed but I have told them to watch the 10 o'clock news to help them understand. Hope you are all coping.