Gransnet forums

Health

Arrogant grand daughter

(57 Posts)
Dawn22 Tue 24-Mar-20 00:01:29

What will be will be.

welbeck Mon 23-Mar-20 23:50:00

well really she should now stay where she is, when this dictat came in. ie not return to her parents home.
i heard someone on the radio giving advice on shared parenting of children. a man had his daughter with him, was due to return her to to her mother on wednesday.
the advisor said he should keep the child living with him now.
she said wherever the child was when boris spoke, thats where they should remain. no more back and forth.
the only exception is if the current supervising parent is an essential worker, in such a case the child should be taken to the other parent, to remain there for the duration of this lockdown.
i didnt hear what happens if both parents are essential workers.

Hithere Mon 23-Mar-20 23:07:26

She is an irresponsible adult.

Your son will learn to manage the situation and reduce the risk.

paddyanne Mon 23-Mar-20 22:59:45

Shes an adult her choice to go .I just heard from a friend who says she was told everyone should be at their r egistered address . My friend was at her holiday home and was told to pack up and come home tomorrow If she's somewhere she's not registered on the voters roll she could be fined .

Alexa Mon 23-Mar-20 22:49:15

It's not me I am worried about it's my son .She seldom comes near me anyway.

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 23-Mar-20 22:41:55

As you say very intelligent, but no common sense.
They know everything at that age don’t they? I guess we were the same,Not much we can do about it though is there? I’m sure she will be fine, she s young just don’t let her get anywhere near you.

Alexa Mon 23-Mar-20 21:44:58

This intelligent 25 year old woman has gone from my son's household where she lives to visit her boyfriend's family, staying overnight with her boyfriend. I have no influence over her and apparently neither has my son or daughter in law. I can only guess she is unwilling to do as she is told because she believes she knows better than anyone else.

I cannot express these feelings to my son as he is an intelligent and responsible man and knows very well the need not to make unnecessary social visits especially where practically impossible to keep six feet way from others.