Gransnet forums

Health

Anyone else going STIR CRAZY?

(154 Posts)
Pikachu Sun 29-Mar-20 11:44:08

Been a fortnight for us. DH not the best communicator. Managed just about OK when the weather was warmer and could get out in the garden.

Now just about ready to climb the walls. Anyone else at this stage yet?

Calendargirl Sun 29-Mar-20 12:09:23

No.

EllanVannin Sun 29-Mar-20 12:11:06

On my own so only myself to blame grin

CherryCezzy Sun 29-Mar-20 12:16:48

No, at least not yet. My WP is a relatively quiet individual but can, as they say "have his moments" where he very chatty and at the moment he is which is good for me as I think I could give people a run for their money if there was ever a chat competition wink.

Niobe Sun 29-Mar-20 12:20:48

No. There are only the two of us and we are getting on well. Son and his wife FaceTime us regularly and we can see our beloved grandson even if we can’t cuddle him. Other family keep in touch by phone and WhatsApp.

We are well stocked up with basic foods and discuss what to have for meals using what we have in the house. I don’t think I will need to shop this coming week.

My husband has weeded the garden , cut the grass and done some odd jobs about the house and I have lots of books waiting to be read.

Calendargirl Sun 29-Mar-20 12:25:35

This morning made Redcurrant jelly which had been dripping overnight. Second lot dripping now.
A few more tubs of currants in freezer, will get those done this week.

Purplepixie Sun 29-Mar-20 12:31:14

No, not yet, but I am keeping busy. Making patchwork cushion cover, just got the sleeves to finish on a knitted jumper and also reading a good book. Not all at the same time but I’m making myself a little timetable. Oh and a little walk per day. DH is keeping busy in his workshop. My youngest son is working from home on his computer in his bedroom and is no bother at all. The biggest pain is juggling the food for the three of us and deciding what to make each day as I’m used to it only being 2 of us. Might make some soup for tea.

OP why not try a new hobby? Maybe go to YouTube and learn to crochet, knit,sew, try out a new knitting stitch? I don’t seem to have enough hours in the day at the moment, but I know just how bored I can get if I let my head lead me that way.

Stay safe. Sending you love and hugs. X

threexnanny Sun 29-Mar-20 12:32:30

Too much time for thinking at the moment. It occurred to me the shoplifters must be unable to operate at the moment so that's good, but the drawback could be other forms of theft - more muggings perhaps?
Sorry, that didn't cheer anyone up did it!

Greymar Sun 29-Mar-20 12:51:44

Pm me pika, if you wish.

Judy54 Sun 29-Mar-20 13:12:18

No. Managing to keep busy Spring cleaning, pottering in the garden, calling/texting friends and trying to practice my Tai Chi. Yes I agree look at Youtube for ideas on new hobbies. There are also virtual tours you can do of gardens such as Kew as well as Museums and Galleries the British Museum, National Gallery and Tate Britain etc. How about a virtual tour of the Vatican Museum with it's amazing Sistine chapel and of course the Uffizi in Florence. That should keep us all busy for a while.

eazybee Sun 29-Mar-20 13:12:31

No, not at all.

BlueSky Sun 29-Mar-20 14:14:31

No seems quite busy scheduling our day. I made a chart of all our activities down to lunch/dinner menu, route for our one hour walk, and whichever little job we are going to do. DH ventured to the supermarket for bread but didn't bother after seeing the queues outside in the cold, didn't seem worth it just for that. Luckily found it in the local corner shop.

Liz46 Sun 29-Mar-20 14:22:04

I hadn't been out for almost two weeks but went for a walk this afternoon. We crossed the road when we saw anyone coming towards us and there were good natured waves from walkers.

I am in the vulnerable group and normally take brisk walks to try and help my lungs. I have been told not to go out for 12 weeks but feel that as long as I don't touch anything or go near anyone, the exercise is good for me.

Missfoodlove Sun 29-Mar-20 14:25:55

Liz46, Why can you not stay in?

SueDonim Sun 29-Mar-20 14:26:51

No. I’ve been brought up short today with the sobering news that a wider family member died of CV just 48 hours ago.

Greymar Sun 29-Mar-20 15:13:47

Do you think its sounds just a teeny weeny bit smug when somebody asks a question, clearly hoping to meet kindred spirits and is met by a curt reply.

BlueBelle Sun 29-Mar-20 15:22:32

Yes I am with you all the way picachu totally fed up with house tasks which I m not fond of anyway bored with my own company Don’t have the eyes for reading any more I will get through it in one piece but no not enjoying it at all
Not a lot to talk about as nothing is happening in the world except Covid
What’s a WP .....wilting partner ......wobbled partner.....wistful partner

Floradora9 Sun 29-Mar-20 15:23:05

Windows have never looked so good . We have more cleaning plans for Monday but that will not last . We are on the cusp of countryside so DH has a very good walk every day I have enjoyed making a bit more effort with meals . I have not had to buy any meat , just fish , as deep freeze is always packed . I have not left the house at all apart from the garden . We still watch no TV until after 7 pm all of it pre recorded to skip the adds. We just realised there will probably be no Antiques Roadshow next yer as they will not be able to film it . A small loss but sad .

M0nica Sun 29-Mar-20 15:28:33

No, enough to do to keep me occupied for at least six months.

This last week was not that different to a normal week, bar not going out. I am on the committee of a local environmental group. Instead of having a committee meeting to discuss the draft Local Plan we are doing it all online. The same with another society I belong to. Everything cancelled but the committee is functioning online.

Tomorrow at 3.00pm I will go to my Tai Chi class as usual - except that instead of being in the village hall, I will be in the spare bedroom and my tutor will be on the screen of my laptop.

Graymar what is the alternative? Tell lies? Accusations of 'smugness' are easy to trot out when other people do not feel as you do, especially if they have done things you haven't, but what is the alternative. Stop posting?

SueDonim Sun 29-Mar-20 15:46:12

I don’t think news of a death is a curt reply. hmm

Greymar Sun 29-Mar-20 16:46:42

Sorry don't follow SueD?

Greymar Sun 29-Mar-20 16:48:51

Ah OK, understand now. I think if somebody posts are you struggling with XYZ, there is a nice polite way to say...sorry I understand but I'm not experiencing that now.

The person already feels a bit low.

Do you know what? Good for you. I feel srir crazy and very worried my walk will soon be removed.

sodapop Sun 29-Mar-20 17:50:34

We are ok so far but if its extended until June there is a distinct possibility one of us will be confined to the barn for his /her safety

Yes what is WP ? Wimpy partner.....Well partner..... Waltz partner... ideas on a postcard please.

Calendargirl Sun 29-Mar-20 18:18:03

OP said she was ready to climb the walls, was anyone else at that stage yet?

I replied ‘no’, and thought I was just answering the question.

Apologies if that came across as blunt Greymar.

Greymar Sun 29-Mar-20 18:59:25

no problem. I'm off to abseil off a wall now.