Gransnet forums

Health

IT DROPPED OFF! ?

(44 Posts)
phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 13:25:03

You know that "thing" I posted about? The thing I discovered in the shower and Mr P had to photograph blush?

Well, he had told me (when he last looked, yesterday) that it was looking a bit "weird".

I have to take his word for it, because it's almost impossible for me see it, even with a mirror.

So, this morning in the shower, washing carefully because I didn't want to accidentally "pull" it off, I felt something odd, then all of a sudden, before my eyes, it went wooshing along the bottom of the bath and down the plug! shock

Now just have a very slight bump on the skin where it was.

Hope it doesn't come back!

Doodle Tue 28-Apr-20 18:57:18

suedonim I think I would prefer that to the botfly ?. So scary ?

SueDonim Tue 28-Apr-20 18:09:04

Sorry, Doodle. blushflowers. If it’s any consolation, I dreamt that a dentist took out two of my teeth and replaced each in the opposite socket. confused

phoenix Tue 28-Apr-20 18:04:18

Sorry Doodle although to be fair it wasn't actually me that mentioned bot/warble flies in the first place! grin

SueDonim no, so far everything is where it should be, well, up to a point, but of course gravity is having its effect. sad

Doodle Tue 28-Apr-20 14:20:42

I had awful dreams about worms last night thanks to you phoenix I should never have watched those videos. I might be scarred for life ? ?

SueDonim Tue 28-Apr-20 13:12:32

Anything else dropped off today, Phoenix? grin

phoenix Tue 28-Apr-20 00:05:18

Lucklylegs haven't mastered links on the tablet, but the original thread was on the "Health" forum, with the title "So, I pulled my pants down"

HTH.

Starblaze Mon 27-Apr-20 23:37:23

Stop it! Lol

RIP weird thingy.

Someone told me I had a mark on my head today. I got totally flustered and said it was a blood vessel from walking into a door.

I literally told someone I walked into a door.

Truth is I actually literally was dropped on my head as a baby.

Awkward

Never forget consealer.

SueDonim Mon 27-Apr-20 23:36:34

You get them in the UK??? :SKREEEEEEEM!!! ???

Luckylegs Mon 27-Apr-20 23:26:41

Please can someone give me a link to the original post? I’m dying to see what it’s all about!!!

Doodle Mon 27-Apr-20 23:10:42

Too late I just did ?

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 23:09:38

Whatever you do, don't Google it! Some really ? videos on YouTube!

Doodle Mon 27-Apr-20 22:57:49

We get them in the UK ????. Well that’s one good reason for being in lockdown then . Keep away from the bott flies ?

suedonim I might not sleep tonight ?

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 22:52:33

SueDonim you are right, it is the bott fly, and we do get them in the U.K! I have had to scrape their eggs off horses legs.

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 22:48:16

Oh Doodle I believe you are referring to an unfortunate "thong" incident on a train bound for Paddington, guilty as charged blush

However although I was without underwear, my derriere was covered! (A rather smart trouser suit from Next, as I recall)

SueDonim Mon 27-Apr-20 20:31:46

Butt fly probably is more appropriate! I cannot now remember the exact name but it’s a horrid beast that lays it eggs in damp fabrics such as outdoor furniture and in the seams of washing that’s dried outside.

If you couldn’t dry laundry indoors or tumble dry it, it was recommended that everything was ironed with as hot an iron as possible with special attention paid to the gussets of your underwear! ? ? ?

So, all-in-all, it could have been a lot worse. Strange to say, though, I still miss living there. ?

grannylyn65 Mon 27-Apr-20 19:38:00

Don’t you mean a butt fly ?!!!

SirChenjin Mon 27-Apr-20 19:27:05

I came on to send you congratulations on the loss on your mysterious bum growth phoenix but OMG SueDonim shockshock I’m horrified and fascinated in equal measures!

Doodle Mon 27-Apr-20 19:05:32

maddyone my very thought ?
phoenix I may be wrong (if so please forgive me) but your reply to oopsadaisy starts “oh yes I’m often in the habit of taking my knickers off”.........I do believe I’ve read something along those lines in other threads of yours ?

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 18:55:07

shockshockshock

maddyone Mon 27-Apr-20 18:29:31

It was indeed a BOT fly wasn’t it SueDonim.

shysal Mon 27-Apr-20 18:21:12

SueDonim shock!

SueDonim Mon 27-Apr-20 18:14:08

Right, Phoenix in the interests of full disclosure, I shall tell you this tale.grin

When we lived in the tropics we once spent a pleasant evening with friends at a hotel bar. When I sat down on a comfy chair I felt a prick(!!!) at the top of my leg, just about where it joins my botty. I moved and didn’t think any more about it.

Fast forward a week or two and I developed a nasty mosquito bite at the top of leg/botty, nothing unusual in that, have a scratch and put some anti-bite cream on it.

Another week or so and it started looking inflamed, like it might be infected, which was annoying as it meant I might have to see a doctor. So I bathed it with salt water and hoped for the best.

A few days later, I had an overly hot bath and as I lay cooling off on the bed the bite began itching again. I inspected it and saw it now had a yellow head of pus on it. Yuk! I put my glasses on and peered at it again and to my horror, the head waved at me! shockshockshock

My shriek brought Dh running from his bath and between us we ascertained that my bite was actually a MAGGOT! ??? I'd been bitten by a botfly and was incubating its bubba! ???

By the judicious use of squeezing and tweezers I managed to extricate the little b@st@rd but I was so terrified it would somehow reinfect me that I sellotaped it to a piece of card before disposing of it. It was VILE VILE VILE.

Fortunately for you, I don’t think botflies live in the UK. grin

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 17:27:48

Oopsadaisy3 Oh yes, I'm often in the habit of taking my knickers off and sitting on benches in public places frequented by gum chewing people who feel the need to leave their used gum on the surface of the bench!

As ev'ry fule knows, gum is left on the underside of the bench, and no, I do not adopt the "downward dog" yoga position and present my posterior to that part of the municipal furniture!

Anyway, chewing gum is a disgusting practice and substance!I

So there!

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 16:49:19

SueDonim

A verucca?? On my bottom! shock

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 16:48:10

Well, although it was definitely attached to me (I didn't share the affection) it was sort of mobile, moveable and sort of "wobbly" (very hard to describe, really).

Slightly smaller than a rice crispy (I think, don't forget I couldn't really see it very well, just a sort of distantish glimpse in the mirror) and please bear in mind of course that Mr P is an engineer, and not given to descriptions of even a remotely "artistic" or simile led nature.