Gransnet forums

Health

IT DROPPED OFF! ?

(43 Posts)
phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 13:25:03

You know that "thing" I posted about? The thing I discovered in the shower and Mr P had to photograph blush?

Well, he had told me (when he last looked, yesterday) that it was looking a bit "weird".

I have to take his word for it, because it's almost impossible for me see it, even with a mirror.

So, this morning in the shower, washing carefully because I didn't want to accidentally "pull" it off, I felt something odd, then all of a sudden, before my eyes, it went wooshing along the bottom of the bath and down the plug! shock

Now just have a very slight bump on the skin where it was.

Hope it doesn't come back!

maddyone Mon 27-Apr-20 13:32:02

I think if I were you, I’d still speak to the doctor and send her/him the photo Mr P took and possibly a new photo of how it is now. Let the doctor decide whether to investigate further or not.

Doodle Mon 27-Apr-20 13:34:15

phoenix do you think it could have been some alien life form that latched onto you. It could be what they call a ‘bottom feeder’ (although I think they are fish). Perhaps it was intending to infiltrate your system and take over your mind ?
We will never know. It was defeated by good old soap and water and has left your body and gone to a watery grave down the plug hole.

Do you think I might have been reading too many fantasy sci-fi books recently? ?

Nevertheless, I’d stick the plug in the hole quickly if I were you in case it decides to tackle MrP next.

Glad it’s gone ?

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 13:36:29

Doodle grin

maddyone we did send photos, but (as mentioned in original thread) apparently they weren't clear enough.

kittylester Mon 27-Apr-20 13:45:01

How did I guess this was a Phoenix thread? sunshine

InnocentBystander Mon 27-Apr-20 14:05:54

It was a particularly tenacious clinker, winnet, or dag (strike out whichever etc.) wink

moggie57 Mon 27-Apr-20 14:10:14

could it have been a dead (pile).....

Smileless2012 Mon 27-Apr-20 14:11:36

If there were a prize for the best thread titles that you just have to go to as soon as you see them, you'd win hands down phoenix.

That said I'm glad it's dropped off and hope it doesn't returnsmile.

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 14:15:17

I will say it AGAIN, it couldn't possibly be any of the things suggested above, as it was in totally the wrong place!

Smileless2012 thankyou! smile

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 27-Apr-20 14:18:50

Was it a tick?
Have you been cavorting in the fields, that had or has sheep in it ?
If so best get to the GP, confess and let him look at it, or where it was........

Oopsadaisy3 Mon 27-Apr-20 14:19:51

You didn’t sit on some chewing gum did you?
Now it’s dried up and dropped off?
Just a thought.........

Grandmafrench Mon 27-Apr-20 14:22:44

In a break from washing groceries, here at the coalface, I glanced at that title and thought......Phoenix ? Yes, of course. And everyone else thought the same.

Doodle you are very funny.....can't be all those sci-fi books surely.

Glad it's gone, it will at least give you sufficient time to arrange for a proper photoshoot, decent lighting, sound etc., for your next approach to the GP. If you need any help in planning your blockbuster, let me know - my Son has a video company. He could always wear a mask (to cover his eyes)!

Grandmafrench Mon 27-Apr-20 14:30:37

InnocentBystander.....you are awful, think Phoenix has given up on sheep trimming now. However, if Oops could be right (although surely Mr P would spot a tick!), then you should get a photo of the lump off to the Doc to make sure that you aren't running the risk of Lyme's disease. Any redness, any rash? (Sorry, voice of doom) Do you have any deer near you, Phoenix or are you friends with any deer? Their ticks are not amusing at all, so tick-wise, you need to check.

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 14:34:07

Thank you all (I think confused) !

My money would still be on it having been a skin tag, just hope it doesn't reappear.

Teetime Mon 27-Apr-20 14:38:18

Made me think of the film ALIEN grin

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 14:45:10

Definitely not a tick, I've dealt with those on various cats and dogs over the years!

I've even got one of those little gadgets.

May7 Mon 27-Apr-20 15:42:40

How about a wart? I had loads of them on my knee once and I tried all kinds of treatments. Then I had a 24hr cold virally thing. When I woke up they had all gone

I kid you not it was most bizarre. Something to do with immune system . Or pheonix it could have been a dried rice crispywink

SueDonim Mon 27-Apr-20 16:09:23

A verruca?!? My son once had a verruca on his toe. It was very persistent despite being treated with various noxious substances, (although, tbf, we didn’t try bleach or disinfectant which seems to remedy other conditions according to POTUS confused). Then one day son took off his sock and out flew to verruca, now looking like a large Rice Crispie!

End of problem, as indeed I hope this is the end of yours, Phoenix.

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 16:48:10

Well, although it was definitely attached to me (I didn't share the affection) it was sort of mobile, moveable and sort of "wobbly" (very hard to describe, really).

Slightly smaller than a rice crispy (I think, don't forget I couldn't really see it very well, just a sort of distantish glimpse in the mirror) and please bear in mind of course that Mr P is an engineer, and not given to descriptions of even a remotely "artistic" or simile led nature.

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 16:49:19

SueDonim

A verucca?? On my bottom! shock

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 17:27:48

Oopsadaisy3 Oh yes, I'm often in the habit of taking my knickers off and sitting on benches in public places frequented by gum chewing people who feel the need to leave their used gum on the surface of the bench!

As ev'ry fule knows, gum is left on the underside of the bench, and no, I do not adopt the "downward dog" yoga position and present my posterior to that part of the municipal furniture!

Anyway, chewing gum is a disgusting practice and substance!I

So there!

SueDonim Mon 27-Apr-20 18:14:08

Right, Phoenix in the interests of full disclosure, I shall tell you this tale.grin

When we lived in the tropics we once spent a pleasant evening with friends at a hotel bar. When I sat down on a comfy chair I felt a prick(!!!) at the top of my leg, just about where it joins my botty. I moved and didn’t think any more about it.

Fast forward a week or two and I developed a nasty mosquito bite at the top of leg/botty, nothing unusual in that, have a scratch and put some anti-bite cream on it.

Another week or so and it started looking inflamed, like it might be infected, which was annoying as it meant I might have to see a doctor. So I bathed it with salt water and hoped for the best.

A few days later, I had an overly hot bath and as I lay cooling off on the bed the bite began itching again. I inspected it and saw it now had a yellow head of pus on it. Yuk! I put my glasses on and peered at it again and to my horror, the head waved at me! shockshockshock

My shriek brought Dh running from his bath and between us we ascertained that my bite was actually a MAGGOT! ??? I'd been bitten by a botfly and was incubating its bubba! ???

By the judicious use of squeezing and tweezers I managed to extricate the little b@st@rd but I was so terrified it would somehow reinfect me that I sellotaped it to a piece of card before disposing of it. It was VILE VILE VILE.

Fortunately for you, I don’t think botflies live in the UK. grin

shysal Mon 27-Apr-20 18:21:12

SueDonim shock!

maddyone Mon 27-Apr-20 18:29:31

It was indeed a BOT fly wasn’t it SueDonim.

phoenix Mon 27-Apr-20 18:55:07

shockshockshock