Gransnet forums

Health

Dentist needed

(85 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Thu 07-May-20 11:46:03

Can anyone point me in the direction of accessing a dentist all dentists at the moment appear to be closed. I had dental implants with crowns over a year ago and due to my recent Event Ive become a teeth grinder and broken the cement between the crowns and the implants this has resulted in food getting under the implants and tender gums

Jabberwok Fri 29-May-20 19:03:56

Corsydal is very good for all things to do with troublesome teeth and infected bleeding gums. I even use it for my dog!

BlueSky Fri 03-Jul-20 20:15:28

I've finally managed to get an appointment with my dentist having lost a large filling back in March at the beginning of lockdown. As it didn't actually hurt when I called before they said to get a temp kit from chemist, but people told me it's a waste of time and money. Now I will finally have a filling done at the dentist but for the time being it will be a temporary one. Still anything that's going to help will be welcome!

NotSpaghetti Fri 03-Jul-20 20:21:41

I have already been to my dentist for my 6 month check up. It was after they had re-opened obviously and they only did emergency work for the first so-many (10?) days.
It was very straightforward and I felt totally safe. There was A LOT of PPE.

WOODMOUSE49 Fri 03-Jul-20 20:32:47

NotSpaghetti
I'm still waiting for my 6 month check+hygienist I should have seen on 5th May. Apparently they are still working through emergencies and those who need to catch up on treatment.

NotSpaghetti Sat 04-Jul-20 10:14:26

Oh I’m sorry to hear that Woodmouse. My dentist has done all her emergencies and is back to normal - but with a one person in one out policy. This is obviously adding time as she uses a gadget and wipes any of the surfaces between patients and they re-kit with PPE between patients.

She is working longer days and no longer having a day off on a Monday which she used to. I expect what with all the sanitising and UVing (or whatever) and temperature taking she will be working much longer hours for the foreseeable...

I hope yours is operating “normally” soon.

annodomini Sat 04-Jul-20 11:16:32

The most excitement I've had for three months is the re-instatement (on Monday) of a dentist's appointment postponed at the start of lock-down!

jenpax Sun 05-Jul-20 09:52:30

My daughter (a type 1 Diabetic) still can’t get a dentist to treat her broken tooth and swollen gum! She has been prescribed antibiotics twice, and is living on pain killers. Her pain means she can’t eat much which is causing her blood sugars to plummet and she is a lone parent to three small children.
I am not sure what is considered an emergency around here but we have been told by 111 that she can’t see a dentist but only get more antibiotics!
Unfortunately she is not in a position to pay for her dental work, so although I know some private dentists are now seeing patients (eldest daughter’s children have been) she can’t even go down this route due to the cost!

clementine Sun 05-Jul-20 19:48:16

Could you not all help out with the cost?? between you it shouldn't be too bad and help your daughter be free of pain ?

kkkkks Tue 17-Aug-21 23:04:59

Because of the pandemic, it was difficult to watch my diet and health. I didn't leave the house for a few months, and I had to be patient with my sensitive teeth. It was pretty hard because I had dental implants that had to be replaced. I had to wait until the restrictions were lifted.
What can I say, I've never been so happy in my life to meet my dentist, haha. And going out. And buying food.
I began to appreciate a lot after this global situation. And I hope that I won't have to go through this again.